Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: no radio stations found  (Read 4460 times)

JeanCr

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • planetdance
no radio stations found
« on: March 22, 2021, 04:54:22 PM »
Hi folks,
Pretty new to this, how do i get the stations?
thx.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: no radio stations found
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 05:10:28 PM »
On the first access of the internet radio view it's meant to pull down a copy of the database & then once that's done you should be able to access the list (that doesn't however mean what's been pulled down is going to work as I'm entirely depending on what the services offer being "good"). If the download failed then there should be a message to indicate or it'll be showing the message seen if things really went bad (e.g. the database download was incomplete).

If you go into the WACUP settings folder (Preferences -> Advanced -> Diagnostics can tell what you're path is), then the Plugins\ml sub folder & once WACUP isn't running, delete the internet_radio.dat & internet_radio.idx files & then try accessing the internet radio view again but give it some time for it to complete the download (it's a large download & depending on the internet connection being used might take a while to complete).

-dro

JeanCr

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • planetdance
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 05:19:00 PM »
Thanks Dro. Up and running!

JeanCr

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • planetdance
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 05:36:45 PM »
Only downside is i can't use my alternative input plugin with replaygain. Any chance you will look at replaygain? Maybe it could go somewhere else in the chain without modifying in_mp3.dll? Just asking.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 05:57:41 PM »
I've looked & I can't make sense of things to be able to do live patching of in_mp3 nor do I seem to be able to hear the problem you've noted (not to say it's not an issue but I just can't replicate it from the information you've previously provided :( ).

Shifting it outside of the plug-in would be very messy as it needs live patching to block out what it's doing (see above) without breaking the other plug-ins. As it's better to have the plug-in do the processing as needed for now than trying to do it generically & double process the audio data.

-dro

JeanCr

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • planetdance
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 07:21:43 PM »
I can't provide much info about it, just that i hear it.
Lately i thought it was off, levels seemed to vary a lot, so i looked and indeed, i had the normal in_mp3 on.
So other than that i assure you i hear it i indeed can't provide more info. :)

Oh well, i'll do the streaming in the browser.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 09:21:20 PM »
I'm not at all disagreeing that it's not something you're experiencing, is just tricky to test when things seem to work despite what I've tried from the instructions & I must just be missing something or not following the steps correctly (a bit like the shuffle related issues which took too long to figure out). I just need to get other things sorted out so I can then get on with making an in_mp3 replacement & then it's all on me if it's still messed up :)

-dro

JeanCr

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • planetdance
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 03:58:16 PM »
I understand, also that it's hard to determine. I've had my mobile running with a sound/decibelmeter but in the end it's what i hear that counts. Good luck and i'll get by just fine with what i'm using now.