Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Unable to automatically send Crash Reports via Email  (Read 205 times)

kate.pet

• View Profile
    • homepage
Unable to automatically send Crash Reports via Email
« on: April 02, 2024, 04:32:31 AM »
Whenever WACUP crashes (usually when skipping a track with Media Keys after not being focused for a while), it fails to send the crash report via Email even though I have a default email client set (Thunderbird).

This is a screenshot of the error message that is shown

And I do have Thunderbird set as my Default Email Client in Settings.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Unable to automatically send Crash Reports via Email
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 10:28:39 AM »
Preferences -> Advanced -> Error Reporting -> uncheck "Send crash report via email using default email program (if available)" then that'll avoid it using what's basically a fallback mode as WACUP will also auto-submit the crash report (as long as it can be generated) to the server. The error shown appears to be from the OS itself & there's at least 2 different ways the OS recognises what's the default email client & iirc the api that I use doesn't seem to see it for some which is why it's simpler to un-check the option noted).

re: your crash, if you go to preferences -> plug-ins -> output -> in the drop down change from Not So Direct to Not So Yasapi & that should avoid the issue the Not So Direct plug-in is having with some setups like yours due to how it's trying to manage the output device.

-dro