Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP does not merge albums, instead creates duplicates  (Read 270 times)

toribyte

• they/them
    • View Profile
WACUP does not merge albums, instead creates duplicates
« on: March 18, 2024, 09:25:10 PM »
This, for some reason, only applies to my albums involving various artists.

Background: Because an unrelated program would not launch (instead as a background process), I had to clean reinstall my computer, but I had to rebuild my media library once I reinstalled WACUP. But for some reason, unlike last time I had this app, the library separates certain albums (like I said, when multiple artists worked on that album). Is there any way to "merge" them?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:35:36 PM by toribyte »

toribyte

• they/them
    • View Profile
Re: WACUP does not merge albums, instead creates duplicates
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 10:32:59 PM »
I don't know why it does this to some albums w/ various artists, but leaves some of the others intact.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 10:50:46 PM »
It's based around using 'album artist' for the matching with it then falling back to 'artist' if that doesn't exist (depending on the config options used). For vgm based sets as that looks like it might be, I know for some of them they often don't seem to want to group nicely as the album artist is somewhat treated as a per-track artist field.

The solution is to either try to re-tag them (which if it's vgm sets would mean that it's just custom metadata being stored in the local library db & not the actual files as writing tags for most of them often isn't supported) which'd then get things to group correctly but is relying on the db being maintained (which is probably why it's messed up if you had to start over). The other option would be to go to preferences -> media library -> local library -> uncheck the option to use 'album artist' & it'll then just look at 'artist' & that might be a better fit for the media you're using (is notes with that option about the recommended option above).

-dro

toribyte

• they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 12:16:08 AM »
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D