Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Embedding albumart in MP3s  (Read 1843 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Embedding albumart in MP3s
« on: August 30, 2023, 07:21:24 AM »
What is left to be done before WACUP is able to embed albumart in mp3s again?
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

vikflash

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Embedding albumart in MP3s
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 10:42:07 AM »
Hi Aminifu

I did not notice it was not working in Wacup and don't know the answer to your question

To do this I use a free software called Foobar2000
it has interesting features of embedding an image in whole album files in one time
or batch process to embed in one time, for example in a whole library cover files if you got the cover image in each album folder
or conversely extract embedded cover art to create a cover image in each album folder
and then remove all embedded images in the whole library files

May this help in waiting
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 10:43:11 AM by vikflash »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 08:31:40 PM »
Hi dro,

Thank you for the info on Foobar2000. I already use an alternate method for embedding albumart in my mp3s, but I'll check it out. I assume this issue is mostly with the old in_mp3.dll plug-in. I understand that it will take awhile before a WACUP version of this plug-in can be provided.

I have had no new issues with the ways I use WACUP with the recent beta releases. It has been fun the past few weeks enjoying my music without any WACUP related glitches. I will start testing build #17040 today. Thank you for your continued improvements and bug fixes.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 10:55:29 PM »
vikflash mentioned the other player, not me though I'd be using mp3tag rather than that player if I had to do it externally.

Embedding albumart needs to be resolved for all of the formats that can do it & isn't tied to just in_mp3 / it's replacement at this point. Am still trying to decide when I'm going to try working on that & the whole rabbit hole it'll involve in trying to consolidate all of the metadata writing for the native plug-ins.

I have had no new issues with the ways I use WACUP with the recent beta releases. It has been fun the past few weeks enjoying my music without any WACUP related glitches. I will start testing build #17040 today. Thank you for your continued improvements and bug fixes.
Hopefully the new build isn't going to cause new issues though it seems from the few hours its been up that it might've resolved things that the non-beta testing showed up with the prior build which is good.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 06:27:01 AM »
Hi dro,

Oops, I read that post without looking at who it was from. I assumed it was from you since you're the only one who could answer my question.

I've been using Winamp with the plug-in thinktink wrote awhile back to embed albumart. As you say, mp3tag (among other apps) can also be used to do this.

Anyway, take your time with providing a native WACUP solution. I understand this will not be a quick and easy thing to do since you want to consolidate all of the metadata writing for all the native plug-ins (which is the logical thing to do).