Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Victhor's Modern Classic - color request  (Read 1675 times)

Weaselrama

• View Profile
Victhor's Modern Classic - color request
« on: September 14, 2021, 01:48:30 AM »
Hello all, this is my first post.  First, thanks to all of you who have made WACUP such an amazing experience so far.

My question/request is in regards to the olive-green default color of Victhor's modern "classic" skin.  I have checked through all the available color themes and also through the Forum for a similar question.  Is there a way to manually tweak the color to match the green playlist editor and media library color from the original Classic (.wsz) skin?  Thanks in advance.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Victhor's Modern Classic - color request
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 04:43:27 PM »
The color-themes.xml file within the WCM skin folder is what you need to look at modifying.

-dro

Weaselrama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 05:26:19 PM »
The color-themes.xml file within the WCM skin folder is what you need to look at modifying.

-dro

I'll have a look - thanks very much.

Weaselrama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 08:47:21 PM »
Ok, I had a look a the color XML file.  The color values don't seem to match RGB color values such as those generated by Color Picker.  Also I'm having difficulty ascertaining which entries actually control the text color.  Interestingly, the Winamp Modern skin has an XML entry for "Good Ol' Winamp" which, in that particular skin, returns the correct text color but of course, that entire gammagroup ID for "Winamp Modern" doesn't match the other gammagroup ID entries for the modern "classic" skin.

In any event, I'm working with it to see if I can figure it out.  Curiously, most of the color values for the "Default" gammagroup ID are "0,0,0."  Perhaps this is the baseline for the modern "classic" skin and values are adjusted from there. 

I'll probably figure it out eventually.  When I do, I'll post the results. 

Weaselrama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 08:59:31 PM »
Ok, here we go.  You can re-label the gammagroup ID as "Good Ol' Windows" or whatever you like.

The color value for the original classic skin green text is -4096, 1024, -4096.  I was able to change the "LED" color, the main (scrolling) ID window, and the text for the Playlist Editor and Media Library as follows.  You can paste this entry into your color-themes.xml file and as I mentioned, name it anything you like.

<gammaset id="*Default">
   <gammagroup id="plastic" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="display" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="goldbuttons" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="greybuttons" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="greybuttonsbolt" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="multicolorbars" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="txtlabels" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="titlebarstripes" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="ledcolor" value="-4096,1024,-4096" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="display-scrollbar-bg" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="display-sui" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="display-text" value="-4096, 1024, -4096" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="display-sui-text" value="-4096, 1024, -4096" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="selection-bg" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="current-active" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="window-text" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="button-text" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
   <gammagroup id="visualizers" value="0, 0, 0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
</gammaset>

Many thanks to Dro for pointing me in the right direction.