Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [FIXED] MilkDrop v2.30.2 only 55 fps regardless of resolution or windowed mode  (Read 9144 times)

snappyapple632

• View Profile
Re: MilkDrop v2.30.2 only 55 fps regardless of resolution or windowed mode
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 05:40:22 AM »
Fixed in v2.30.3. Thank you!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 05:35:51 PM »
Not sure about that as the removed 2.30.3 test build didn't resolve the fundamental cause of the issue now I know what was going wrong. As there's a number of changes present in the current beta builds (soon to become a new preview build) that get Milkdrop (& potentially some other visualisations) running correctly again by managing the timer resolutions in a more consistent manner.

Without those changes (or ensuring each plug-in does it on its own) we get the issue that was reported in this thread due to the frame pacing waits varying too much & that is why it was running below 60fps or occasionally above 60fps. As the default OS resolution is around 15.6ms & with what was going on it could mean you'd get the next frame around the time wanted or it might have to wait for the next wait cycle (i.e. waiting ~31ms) which makes it hard to hit the desired 60fps (or other rate) targets.

-dro

paweltylman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 07:45:16 PM »
100x Thanks :) WACUP 1.0.20.7170 resolve the problem.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2021, 09:08:49 PM »
Thanks for the quick confirmation that it's resolved with the new build.

-dro