Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: My MP4/Video Issue  (Read 7428 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
My MP4/Video Issue
« on: April 26, 2020, 11:23:37 PM »
(fwiw, posted in Beta forum before I resigned as a tester and no longer have access to it)

Due to the excellent and sound-shaping flexibility of WACUP/Winamp, I strictly view all my mp4-based music videos with this app. Unfortunately, my experience with WACUP forces me to return to Winamp 5.666. My video library is typically 720/1080 and the playback (video, not sound) is very jittery and pixelated. Out-of-the-box Winamp video playback is smooth and crisp. dro and others have pointed me to various settings and adjustments to deal with my various issues with positive results so, hopefully, there may be a cure for this issue. I will remain with Winamp until this is resolved in WACUP. I first notice this in latest Beta. Went back to Preview Build release and confirmed this behavior there as well.

(If desired I can provide my 'test' video)

-thank you

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: My MP4/Video Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:52:20 PM »
A test file would be needed along with confirmation of what video playback settings in both the winamp & wacup installs is being used.

-dro

I've also removed the 2 comment posts from the thread.

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:35:22 PM »
Thank you for your time and reply. I have attached images of what I hope are the settings you have requested.

Your attachment limit is 10MB and the video is ~69MB. I have no cloud-type storage accounts. You? I know of a
free service called 'We Transfer'. I have only used it to download, but will learn how to upload. Advise please.

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 11:32:10 PM »
dro - Test video sent to your pm

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 11:38:43 PM »
I've just had a look & I can see it's stuttering along with the CPU level higher than 5.666 - that's new not widely tested code for you. I'll look into the issue over the next few weeks & update once I've got something to report on.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 12:29:52 AM »
I've just had a look & I can see it's stuttering along with the CPU level higher than 5.666 - that's new not widely tested code for you. I'll look into the issue over the next few weeks & update once I've got something to report on.

-dro
10-4

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 01:06:48 AM »
I've had a proper look & I've made some changes for the next build which seem to resolve the main issue I'm seeing though it still feels like it's a little bit jittery compared to other players (VLC & WMP - 5.666 had that slightly off feel to me as well). As it helps not having the input plug-in trying to force updates of the video window which was dragging down the performance from what I can see (definitely wasn't intended).

-dro
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:09:25 AM by dro »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 11:39:27 PM »
Well, I have finally made the transition to Windows 10 and brought with me the original final Winamp. It's running robust as ever. I also just had the chance to install and run the latest WACUP (July2020). Wacup still has the issue.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 06:46:38 AM »
I made changes that improved the experience I could replicate to the point that both side by side seem to be the same to me (however both are jerky with the example video).

So maybe I'm just not testing it right but I did what I could at the time. I'll come back to video at some later time point but you're probably going to better off with a non wacup solution (maybe even the mighty winamp v6 will improve things for video....).

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 03:04:16 AM »
yes, it is possible you are not testing it right. Your efforts now and in the future are appreciated. My experience with WACUP thus far, as stated, is unchanged. I do not experience the same as you and thus, the video runs smooth and therefore have no need of v6. -thx

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 12:45:13 AM »
With all the mp4 discussion of late and not having played videos via this player since this topic was discussed, thought I would give it a go today with today's beta release. The issue looks to be resolved now. Thank you!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 12:24:10 PM »
Ok, that's good to know it's behaving better.

-dro

DJboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2024, 10:46:31 PM »
 Try adjusting video rendering settings or experimenting with different codecs. It's a bit of trial and error, but you might find the sweet spot.

DJboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2024, 02:03:08 PM »
I've faced similar issues with other players and often found that tweaking the video decoder settings or switching to a different codec can significantly improve playback quality.
As for the video jitteriness, editing the video's frame rate or format can help. If you're into editing, a tool like this free movie maker can be quite handy for such adjustments. Just ensure your video's specs are compatible with your playback software.