Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Bookmark Playback Issue  (Read 3612 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Bookmark Playback Issue
« on: January 20, 2021, 11:38:22 PM »
My assumption is that a 'bookmark' is assigned to a single url stream.

It used to be when I would Main Menu > Play > Bookmarks and cliked a bookmark it would appear in the playlist editor and begin to play. If the editor was populated it would automatically clear the editor and the bookmark would appear and proceed with playback.

NOW, if the editor is populated, the new bookmark is 'appended' to the list and playback of the first entry starts again from beginning. If the previous entry/entries are files, playback of the bookmark will not occur until the files have played thru. A tedious work-around is to repeatedly clik 'Next Track' until the bookmark gets selected. Another annoying work-around is to clear the playlist first with the eritor's REM button and then load the bookmark. Additionally, if the previous entry were a bookmark, the newly loaded bookmark would never play UNLESS one performed the previously mentioned work-arounds.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Bookmark Playback Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:48:56 PM »
A bookmark can be anything be it a stream, local file, a playlist (single or multiple items) or an artificial playlist item (e.g. zip archive that's converted into something that can then be played subject to input support).

The behaviour difference is because I've not yet coded the new code to nuke the existing playlist (enqueue is the safer default I've gone with for a lot of actions as even with the undo plug-in, some really don't like their playlist inadvertently getting nuked from under them) as it actually needs some config options added to it to determine if play / enqueue / enqueue & play are done which will then better align it with the behaviour experienced in the media library & other parts of the player.

-dro
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:54:01 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 02:37:25 AM »
I'm just adding a dropdown list on the 'general' preferences page so you'll be able to control what action is used for the main menus from the next build.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 03:24:02 AM »
Thank you for all you do with this awesome app ...