Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: smart/dynamic playlists  (Read 3052 times)

chamber32

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
smart/dynamic playlists
« on: January 26, 2020, 11:48:35 AM »
Maybe I'm just missing something (been there, done that), but I would like smart playlists like foobar2000.
Also, filtering of that smart playlist, like this:

(NOT %genre% IS Country) AND (NOT %genre% IS Christmas) AND (NOT %genre% IS Audiobook) AND (NOT %genre% IS Comedy) AND (NOT %artist% IS Chipmunks) AND (NOT %artist% IS The Chipmunks) AND (NOT %artist% IS Frank Sinatra) AND (%length% GREATER 120)

Somehow, I just don't feel confident that I have my entire (large) collection in my playlist.
I like to randomize the entire collection, and rarely play a single album.

Thanks,

c32

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: smart/dynamic playlists
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 03:16:07 PM »
It's on the todo list & has been for a while but I want to get some other aspects sorted out (like dropping ml_local for ml_ll) to improve the integration that is needed between the playlists & local library plug-in. Is why there's the placeholder on the new library playlist dialog for it.

-dro

Yuurei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 01:33:20 AM »
Pretty late and excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't what you're requesting already covered by smart views? (right-click Local Library > Add Smart View (Ins)).

You get a builder where you can set as many "and" / "or" statements as you want to filter your library; I've had a few of those set up for a while to look for tags I add in the comment section of files (stuff like "hype", "sad", etc.) or specific folders and such.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the query you specified built in simple mode, but you can also use this:
genre != "Country" AND genre != "Christmas" AND genre != "Audiobook" AND genre != "Comedy" AND artist NOTHAS "Chipmunks" AND artist NOTHAS "Frank Sinatra" AND length > "120"
in advanced mode (that one in particular is just what the simple mode in the screenshot generated).

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 02:05:05 AM »
Its similar but the contextual difference is that the query works within the confines of being a library playlist & not a library view. By working as a library playlist it's possible to more easily use it as part of automated handling within the player i.e. loading playlist at a specific time. And sure it could be done by making it query a library view instead but it's just convenience in having playlists eventually get the support.

-dro

Yuurei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:10:54 AM »
I hadn't thought about automated handling. Smart views have worked for me so far, but I can see the appeal of having filter rulesets within playlists as well now.

Thanks for the clarification ( ^ - ^)