Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How Time Flies...  (Read 6066 times)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
How Time Flies...
« on: December 12, 2016, 06:21:11 PM »
3 years ago today I helped release Winamp 5.666 build 3516 - a release I'm still proud off!

Winamp it really whips the llama's ass (>.<)

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: How Time Flies...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »
And you should be proud.
It was a massive undertaking getting that done under the wire the way you did. I am glad that you have found peace and been able to relish in your accomplishments. And to continue your work to not let it die takes a big man with lots of integrity. Means a lot!

As an anecdote to what you are saying in this thread.
I got laid off earlier this year and I have been interviewing for jobs and they always ask you what did you do at your last job or what projects did you work on. And once I started listing things, I started to think, "Yeah, I did some cool shit that not many other people can say they did!" It helped to ease some of the bitterness for me. (But don't get me wrong, I am still a bit salty about it)

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:15:15 PM »
And since we are remembering great things from 2013, Someone posted a glowing recommendation about you once.
Edited for continuity,
"Darren is lovely and kind to kittens.
why only yesterday I heard he stopped the traffic to let a kitten
cross the road and then he found a lost puppy and took it back to its owner who just happened to be
a little old granny.
I then herd he flew to Afghanistan and single handily wiped out a Taliban stronghold by just clenching
his buttocks really hard and focusing the power of the sun off his clenched cheeks and focusing it into
some kind of super laser beam, kapowwwww.
He then came back, mowed my lawn, painted my gate, washed my car and fetched me a beer while I
shagged his g/f, all with his blessing I might add.
Later on, he picked me six winning lottery numbers, paid for the ticket and didn't ask for a penny out
of my six million quid winnings.
Oh, and he donated me a kidney as well, even though he only had the one, he said ' oh, I don't mind
going on dialysis for the rest of my life, you enjoy the kidney jonesy'
I shagged his bird again, crashed his car, burnt his house down accidentally while baking scones and
you know what? He looked up at me with those big eyes of his and said ' awwww, I can't stay mad at
you, give us a kiss you big hunky fella' , so I did, tongues and everything....."
-MrJones

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:39:32 PM »
Had forgotten Mr Jones had written that.

And I'm still grumpy about certain things but looking back (is scary it's been 3 years tbh) with everything that was going on at the time (between flu, meetings, coding & trying to code base cleanse), it was a good release overall (barring the few little niggles the patched installer resolves).

-dro