Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Alternative proxy connection for Internet Radio  (Read 2447 times)

aska_asik

• View Profile
Alternative proxy connection for Internet Radio
« on: December 31, 2020, 01:24:17 PM »
Hello Winamp.
I want to listen radio stations in WACUP but they don't work. I'm living in Turkiye and shoutcast.com is blocked in our country since 2008.
Can you add a feature for automatic proxy,dns change or a vpn? It will be very useful. Thank you.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Alternative proxy connection for Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 01:43:02 PM »
There's Preferences -> General -> Internet offers proxy options but not all of the plug-ins correctly work with such modes & it requires replacement plug-ins (e.g. in_mp3 is the main one that relates to HTTP streams) & there's other issues with the networking stack which need to be replaced (which is planned to be worked on during 2021).

-dro