Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [WACUP 1.0.21.7236 | Shortcut]  (Read 4043 times)

Whiskey

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
[WACUP 1.0.21.7236 | Shortcut]
« on: January 04, 2022, 11:09:18 AM »
Hi!

I don't know if this is a bug or if it is the way it suppose to be but if it works as intended i would be nice to see a feature that does how i think it should work, as it feels more logical at last to me.

I have a shortcut when i open "WACUP" and have added playlist in the startup in the "target" and it looks like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\WACUP\wacup.exe" "C:\File\Music.m3u"

When it open the first time, it open the software, show the "WACUP" and does nothing more exactly how i expect it to do, i do not remember if i did any setting in the "WACUP" to  avoid it to start play songs by default on startup.

But when "WACUP" already is running and i click on the shortcut again, it´s like it reopen it in background and start play the first song in the loaded playlist "i have it set to shuffle" my songs always so think this would be wrong two but that´s not my problem..

I would expect "WACUP" come back to the foreground and do nothing more, exactly as it does when i first open it to show that its already loaded...

\ Whiskey

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: [WACUP 1.0.21.7236 | Shortcut]
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 03:52:03 PM »
Other than command-line support not being an officially supported feature due to how the WACUP loader & the original Winamp program interact (it's completely broken in the betas) & because its mostly handled by the Winamp core with the noted preview build, if you run it multiple times then it'll reload & restart playback with that command-line string along with bringing Winamp to the front as that's what Winamp does.

The only thing I'd consider changing when I get around to do it is whether WACUP gets brought back to the foreground or not but if you tell it to load a file (single or playlist) then it should always honour that action imho.

-dro

Whiskey

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 07:26:03 PM »
Bur what i not understand is why it open winamp in foreground and not start playing it the first time...

Bur second time just reload and start play it in the background, it's a totally different behavior and i don't see that as logical at all...

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 08:40:51 PM »
As I've tried to explain, it isn't a supported mode from my side so it not working properly or it doing weird things is to be expected. This is the 'fun' that comes from a public preview release (which in hindsight I should just have called it a beta & the betas be called alpha builds).

I've also re-read things & I got the order of things the wrong way around but it doesn't make much of a difference as either way using the command-line aspects with WACUP is not supported & won't be fully implemented until I'm no longer having to use bits of Winamp for WACUP to run.

-dro
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 10:21:28 PM by dro »