Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: cPro2 Grafito by Veroka and Victhor  (Read 13292 times)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
cPro2 Grafito by Veroka and Victhor
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:12:34 AM »
2 argentinians joined forces (¿?) and after years in the making, it's finally here! Veroka originally started this years ago and I took it as a base to make an almost new skin. First cPro2 collaboration with her, turned up quite nice I think. Enjoy.

Download here: http://victhor.deviantart.com/art/cPro2-Grafito-by-Veroka-and-Victhor-673050048

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: cPro2 Grafito by Veroka and Victhor
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »
Really liking this one from a quick play with it.

Well done to both of you on this one!

-dro

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
Wow!  I really like this skin.
I have settled on the Argentina color theme as a tribute to both of your hard work!
Thank You for enhancing my WACUP experience.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
Thanks! The "argentinian theming" in general isn't something I would come up with normally, but given that Veronica is from here too, I thought it would make a nice distinction for the skin promotion (and to get out of the traditional themes like high tech, minimalism, etc).

Now, let's hope Darren can solve the PNG artifacts soon so we can enjoy it in its full glory XD :P.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:27:10 PM »
Now, let's hope Darren can solve the PNG artifacts soon so we can enjoy it in its full glory XD :P.
What artifacts? I know Pawel has reported issues with the 'winamp modern' skin (likely something due to how the layering of things works vs it's alpha blending usage) but I wasn't aware off it with other skins. Can you point me at something specific in any other affected skins please, ta.

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
I thought you guessed Pawel meant "Modern skinning" not only "Winamp Modern" skin, or it was only me who notice it, but the PNG issue is among every skin that has some transparency. See attach, it's the same color theme but besides noted artifacts, even some colors are different (it's actually part of the same effect). Top is Winamp v5.666 and bottom last WACUP build.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »
Sadly no & I thought it was just a skin specific issue :(  Thanks for the screenshot.

Will have to play around with libpng this week to see what's different between 1.5.x (as used by 5.666) and 1.6.x (as used by WACUP and what I'd prefer to keep using due to read optimisations and some general tweaks that make it easier to work with imho).

-dro

[edit]
I've just quickly tried dropping in libpng 1.5.28 (latest 1.5.x release) instead of 1.6.29 and the issue is still there. So either a) that's not representative of what's needed or as is more likely the case now I've done this quick check b) I'm doing something wrong with the output from the library.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:28:55 PM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 08:15:47 PM »
I've found the issue after coming to the part b) conclusion in my edit of the prior post.

So as long as what I'm seeing is consistent with the changed image.w5s I'm going to send out, it was an issue with the gamma output setting that libpng was being asked to use (so much for thinking that sRGB was the appropriate option, heh).

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 08:23:26 PM »
Damn you're fast! XD
Any ETA for that build? (for a moment I thought about playing with 8bit / 24bit / 32bit images to test if it could be image related but had to get out again)

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 08:33:00 PM »
Just pushed the image.w5s to try out to the beta/interim folder for those with beta access wanting to try it out.

I'd started to wonder if it was a bitness issue at first but seeing such a difference in the alpha levels made me (thankfully) look at that handling first.

-dro

[edit]
Had missed something and that image.w5s isn't 100% compatible with #1430. Will sort out a more complete test build shortly...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:07:05 PM by dro »