Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Search Syntax  (Read 2567 times)

Witzker

• View Profile
Search Syntax
« on: August 29, 2022, 01:55:24 PM »
Hi,
I try cleaning my library, so I use the search to identify Bad Tags.

How do I find "and" or "And" not Band
Pls help

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Search Syntax
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 05:31:53 PM »
When you do a general search for anything (word or phrase), all the metadata in your files is looked at. The word "and" could be in 1 or more categories, such as the artist tag, album tag, title tag or some other tag. As you see, a short word could be contained in a larger word. Also, depending on the view you're using to search in, the results returned may or may not show the metadata tag that the word (or larger word) was found in.

You can use the Query Language features to make a custom search query to filter stuff in or out of the search. This is easier said than done. The documentation for the Query Language can be found in the dialog used to edit a Local Library smart view. Select 1 of these views (on the left-hand side of the ML window) and press the "F2" function key, then look near the bottom right-hand side of the edit dialog window that appears for the "Query Help..." button.

After closing the Query Language documentation window, be sure to cancel the smart view edit window to keep from making any accidental changes to the view.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 05:40:33 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Witzker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 07:41:44 PM »
Phu..
THX
Will try🤔

Sure no easyer way avilableā“

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 09:29:00 PM »
There's no way currently to just filter anything that matches to "and" (is something I'll have to consider adding).

You will need to look at specific column values & just work through them as needed e.g. entering the following into the search field to find that string in any of the titles
?title has " and "

Since you're trying to avoid it being part of other words, that's why it has to have the spaces around it otherwise it'll match on things like landing.

-dro

Witzker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 10:43:19 PM »
THX

?artist has " and " WORX!

Is there a way to save this kind of searches?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 11:28:08 PM »
You can use the steps that aminifu noted to create a smart view that will do that search by default. You'd just have to not have the ? at the start of what is entered to be the view's query.

-dro
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:40:21 PM by dro »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 12:06:08 AM »
Thanx dro for providing a shortcut answer. I was just trying to show Witzker how to fish:)
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system