Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [FIXED] sqrsoft Advanced Crossfading Output  (Read 6474 times)

tigaaa

• View Profile
[FIXED] sqrsoft Advanced Crossfading Output
« on: September 07, 2019, 06:50:02 AM »
First of all: Thank you for all your work, I always loved winamp and am totally happy that there are people left who feel the same.
However, I miss the following plugin a LOT, so I wouldlike to ask if there is a chance you could look into it.

http://sqrsoft.com.ar/downloads.html
Advanced Crossfading Output (v1.7.9.1243)

I use WACUP on an external drive and when the Plugin is installed it crashes every time at start (but leaves no entry in settings/Crash_Reports).

The plugin does a really great job in automatically fading songs into each ther considering if the preious song has an abrupt ending or already a fadeout, etc. Much better than the built in fading function.

Thanka a lot!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:44:46 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: sqrsoft Advanced Crossfading Output
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 03:16:05 PM »
Two issues are going on here which were both fixed internally a few days ago.

The first is that the crash reporter hasn't been working correctly for the last few beta builds nor for the public preview build (that's fixed).

The second which was raised by one of the beta testers who helped confirm the internal fix is that a change to how output plug-ins are loaded under WACUP causes the supporting gen_acf.dll from sqrsoft to crash. Specifically it tries to access the output plug-in & fails as it's not been loaded - really gen_acf.dll should be doing a better job about error handling but trying to get bugs fixed in those plug-ins is a pain from prior attempts.

So as a workaround, if you don't need the controller ui then disable gen_acf.dll & WACUP will load until a newer build is released with the fixes included (am working through a reasonably long snag list from the recent public preview build but hope to have something out in the next week or so).

-dro

tigaaa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 03:06:07 PM »
Thank you so much for this, made my day :-)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:44:38 PM »
The changes related to this appeared in build 4220 & I've had another user confirm those changes work so I'll now move this to resolved issues.

-dro