Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Change icon of smart views  (Read 6991 times)

Benco

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Change icon of smart views
« on: November 25, 2017, 02:49:17 PM »
Hi DrO,

another idea. What about changing the icon of a smart view. That can already be done to a certain expanse, by loading a preset and then modify the request, but this approach is very limited, and not very easy to use. Why not adding a whole set of icons, and the possibility to explicitly choose from this set? I know I would use this feature. You could also add the possibility to select external icon.

And even better if it could be done for playlists too!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Change icon of smart views
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »
Why not adding a whole set of icons, and the possibility to explicitly choose from this set?
The simple answer is because what's shown depends upon the plug-in that responsible for handling the library item. It might be feasible to override what's shown (might even have been a plug-in that tried to do it). It just isn't as simple as 'use these icons' it'll work as there's a few ways that the node items can be specified along with plug-ins that use multiple ones to get basic animations (e.g. podcast updates / downloading).

Maybe something can be done but it would ideally need all of the library plug-ins to be made compatible (which I'm slowly getting to a point with replacement library plug-ins) but I think it would really need a replacement gen_ml plug-in (used to manage library plug-ins & provide the library window) to be able to cleanly achieve this without the hacks that could be tried currently to achieve it.

It's an interesting idea as you could potentially have it work on a per-skin basis. But I think the better option for now would be able to have better resolution images used for the node items instead of the little 16x16 ones (purely because the text size can be increased but the icons don't increase).

-dro

victhor

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 02:08:07 AM »
But I think the better option for now would be able to have better resolution images used for the node items instead of the little 16x16 ones (purely because the text size can be increased but the icons don't increase).

This is the key for me. There is no point in having the ability to customize the icon if I can barely see it.. XD

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 02:41:27 AM »
800x600 should be fine for anyone :)