Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Shuffle Playlist after adding from Media Library  (Read 3686 times)

dunkinsailor

• View Profile
Shuffle Playlist after adding from Media Library
« on: September 09, 2022, 03:19:02 PM »
First of all: I just discovered WACUP and it's so absolutely amazing!

One question: Is there an option to shuffle tracks after adding them via the Media Library? Currently it adds everything alphabetically and starts with the topmost track. However, I'd like it to start already in shuffled mode, and/or keep the structure of the albums.

Is there any option to enable this?

dunkinsailor

• View Profile
Re: Shuffle Playlist after adding from Media Library
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 10:15:40 AM »
I found a workaround for the problem!

Simply sort the Track list by "played last" - this will at least prevent the same song from starting in the playlist, and after that the regular shuffeling will take place!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Shuffle Playlist after adding from Media Library
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 12:53:45 PM »
The shuffle aspect always choosing the first item is a known bug with the preview build. The way you're doing it is still hitting that same issue but what you've done would get around it.

-dro