Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: can i get these live streaming feeds in wacup?  (Read 4148 times)

kasperke

• View Profile

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: can i get these live streaming feeds in wacup?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:11:35 PM »
First, this is the wrong subforum, secondly, I think .bm files are Winamp bookmark files

You can easily edit your personal bm and bm8 file by opening it in Notepad and copying and pasting the list at the end of your file, WACUP should be closed when you edit them.

In my testing under a Modern Skin with my personal install, WACUP will take a bit longer to have fully loaded, so be aware of that

Edit: Radionomy streams will not work.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:13:48 PM by Gordon Freeman »
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
Feature request... had no idea in what subforum i had to post it.

btw..i can not find a .bm file on my pc where winamp and wacup are installed. So i can not import this textfile.  How do i do it?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 12:31:04 PM »
Assuming a default install location, enter %appdata%\WACUP in Explorer when WACUP is not running & that will take you to its settings folder.

You then just need to save the winamp.bm file into there but rename it winamp.bm8 (is the preferred filename since it'll be saved utf-8 if changed with new additions later on).

-dro
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:32:39 PM by dro »

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:26:41 PM »
damn...what happened ;-)?

i could not find the correct drawer or file first...so i saw a file name "bookmark mananger 2_13" in  C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\General\ ... yes i know..stupid cause it's under winamp and not Wacup .....but my idea was that Wacup and winamp still share some files ;-).
i double clicked and nothing happened.
But after that i could not open wacup anymore...see screenshot ending 30-003 ...it even would not sent an error report. had to ctrl-alt-delete to delete the hanging program.

Then i delete the whole wacup program to re-install it ...but even that will not work... i'm only possible to install the portable version..and it's just a map on my desktop....not in appdata..etc not like a real install.

so i only have a winamp config file at %appdata%\WACUP

any pointers what happening here;-)

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 12:12:57 AM »
Not sure what you mean by "damn...what happened ;-)?"

I don't know "bookmark manager 2_13" other than it'd have to be a probably old 3rd party plug-in but I don't think there's a reason for such a plug-in to be used under WACUP (yes things might work but there's a lot of plug-ins that don't run nicely under Winamp any more due to their age).

With the installer issue, you'll ned to log-off / restart as sometimes the OS / other software running on the machine will cause the runtime files to be locked & a log-off/restart is generally the only way around it.

-dro

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 01:20:58 PM »
ok...i restarted windows and it installed flawless but i soon i started the player..it hangs...check screenshot with the nice pink ;-) accent. btw look also at the second small screenshot..that was the under bar.

it took ages to quit after i clicked the X to close the hanging program.

i restarted the pc again and tried to re-install ...now i have 4 option....what should i try?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 03:15:14 PM »
Nuke the install & try again. However some machines just don't like the modern skin engine (directly or due to other 3rd party programs running that inject into the winamp/wacup process) & the pink is a sign of that. Using a classic skin is also more likely to behave if modern skins are unstable.

-dro

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »
thx Dro..it's working again. Full install with the native skin, then i changed the skin and it worked.

enjoying my new streaming bookmark list...incredible...all the streaming sites of Belgium and a few of the uk and germany together....i'm a happy camper.