Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Procrustes question  (Read 1612 times)

Teebs96

• View Profile
Procrustes question
« on: January 28, 2024, 11:01:07 AM »
Hey everyone. I've been on WACUP for a bit, but I recently wanted to try adjusting the playback speed of some songs I own, so on other user's suggestions, I installed Procustes. On my WACUP settings, it actually does recognize the plug-in as being installed, but unknown, but once installed I cannot find anywhere where the options are for things like playback speed. Does anyone have any assistance on this?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Procrustes question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 01:47:15 PM »
I recognise the plug-in name but don't remember too much about it nor what it's ui was like. It could be it's either not creating it's window but not indicating the failure or is doing it in a manner that's placing it off-screen (it's an old plug-in from what I remember so may not be behaving on more recent versions of Windows).

The other thing is if it's providing it's own custom ui, it might not be behaving well if using a modern / winamp3 style skin of skin (e.g. anything bento based, winamp modern, cpro, mmd3, etc) & using a classic / 2.x style of skin might allow it to find things (probably best to change to the skin & then restart wacup after doing that as those plug-ins which didn't behave with such windows would often not detect skin changes properly either).

-dro

Teebs96

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 12:28:02 PM »
Hey! Thanks for your reply. I switched my skin over to Bento, and the slider became visible once I moved my window! Funny how that works.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 01:43:59 PM »
Skins + old plug-ins are a pain in the whatnot at times. Glad to hear it got you to be able to see the plug-in ui.

-dro