Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Player for Android  (Read 5698 times)

Watchmaker

• View Profile
Player for Android
« on: August 13, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
Hello ;) I recently buy a new phone and want to recreate my old mp3 library from decade ago. It's fantastic that Winamp is still alive after all those years. I want to say big Thank You to everybody responsible ;) I already installed Wacup and started bring together my playlists but I lack good mp3 player for android phone (Xiaomi Mi9). Any recommendations? I read that Aimp might have problems with Xiaomi phones. There is Musicolet I heard good things about. App may be free or paid like Poweramp. I just want to know Your opinions ;)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Re: Player for Android
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 05:49:14 PM »
is not the new, original 'winamp' development going the portable (android?) route?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Player for Android
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 04:18:02 PM »
Assuming it even happens, the assumption is the 'new' winamp is a mobile only app solution with no connection to any of the code base that came before - that is based on what their marketing blurb stated & how they've abandoned the 5.8 beta as the last of the proper Winamp releases.

-dro