Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Defix Neom (skin)  (Read 5463 times)

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Defix Neom (skin)
« on: July 26, 2021, 01:28:18 PM »
Experimental skin.
Yet much remains to be done.

It's interesting to know how the fade effect works for you. I'm still working on an animation script, but for now I recommend setting the timer resolution to 15ms.

I also want to make a dark version of the skin.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:16:31 PM by Denis »

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Defix Neom (skin)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
It's awesome so far, the fading animation are probably the most impressive thing thus far, surprising us more what the Modern Skin engine is capable of doing!

The only personal nitpick that I have is the timer's display being anything but consistent, you can read more about it here to get a better understanding, the script in that thread isn't updated anymore so the latest version (pertaining to Winamp Modern that is) can be found in either the newest beta build or here
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 09:37:37 PM »
It's awesome so far, the fading animation are probably the most impressive thing thus far, surprising us more what the Modern Skin engine is capable of doing!

The only personal nitpick that I have is the timer's display being anything but consistent, you can read more about it here to get a better understanding, the script in that thread isn't updated anymore so the latest version (pertaining to Winamp Modern that is) can be found in either the newest beta build or here

Thanks.

Do you mean the song timer? I haven't thought about the design of the round display yet. I wanted to first bring the skin to the point where it can be used.
I will definitely use your script for the timer when the display is ready.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 09:49:26 PM »
Yeah, I meant the song timer.
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:54:53 PM »
the latest version (pertaining to Winamp Modern that is) can be found in either the newest beta build or

I did not notice it until you mentioned it. So it is no longer just a personal mod of the Winamp Modern skin but has become part of WACUP. 👍

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 02:04:11 PM »
It is cool that hovering over the album art shows the toggle buttons but I have an issue with it. Since the buttons seem to be inside a circle, one would assume that you could drag the window by grabbing the area outside the circle but you cannot. See in the attached screenshot where I tried to grab the window.

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 02:44:51 PM »
It is cool that hovering over the album art shows the toggle buttons but I have an issue with it. Since the buttons seem to be inside a circle, one would assume that you could drag the window by grabbing the area outside the circle but you cannot. See in the attached screenshot where I tried to grab the window.

Thanks a lot for the bug reports. Here is a modified version of the skin.

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 05:36:22 PM »
Thanks, that was fast!

burndev

• Back from vacation!
  • Beta Tester
  • Back from vacation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »
Great work on your skin! Works perfectly here on my Win 10 machine.

What could be improved is the title length. Maybe cutoff the title when its too long and have it shown on hover.

I really like the equalizer!

Thanks for making it

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 02:15:00 PM »

What could be improved is the title length. Maybe cutoff the title when its too long and have it shown on hover.

Fixed bug in this version.

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2023, 03:15:32 AM »
 added the Trinity script

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2024, 06:20:47 PM »
Both Defix Neom 100 and Defix Neom Trinity are smooth, elegant skins but I have found a glitch with the Trinity skin. Occasionally, when I switch to Trinity from another skin, the list view area of the playlist editor is fully transparent, showing the desktop instead of the playlist. What is even more strange is that when I click on the Close button of the playlist editor, instead of closing the window, it now shows the playlist. Once the playlist is shown, I can close the playlist editor window.

Also, most of the color themes look much the same as the default theme.except Noir, which changes the seek and volume animations to grey, and Macintosh Full, which is plain ugly.

Apart from the above issues, both skins are really great.  8)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2024, 10:42:51 PM »
That's a gen_ff handling issue which can affect any skin.

-dro

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2024, 07:29:51 AM »
That's a gen_ff handling issue which can affect any skin.

You are working on it so you must know but I cannot trigger the invisible list view bug with any other skin I am using.

The following steps always trigger the bug for me:
  • Switch to Winamp Modern and close WACUP.
  • Remove (or rename) studio.xnf
  • Launch WACUP.
  • Close the Playlist Editor window while still in Winamp Modern.
  • Switch to Defix Neom Trinity. Its windows will be on top of one another. Move them apart.
What distinguishes Defix Neom Trinity from other skins is that it is a hybrid of SUI and multi-window skins so there must be something wrong in the mixture that triggers the bug.

Edit: fixed some grammar for better intelligibility.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 07:34:31 AM by ariszlo »

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2024, 11:41:20 PM »
Yes, this is a bug in the skin, but I warned you that this is a test version and there will be errors in it. If I think to enable a timer that everyone has subsequently enabled that needs to be displayed, then this will fix the error in the line input editor.

Although this is not the biggest problem.
In fact, the more I try to improve this fiddle, the more errors I encounter. Now it seems to me that it is not possible to achieve stable and smooth operation of the script, since there will be two usage containers, one for the company and the second for the shadows. It's a pity that the Desktopalpha="1" parameter does not work with components.

I think it would be easier to create a skin using <Wasabi:Frame> so that you can change the position of the windows relative to another friend.