Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Alternate Window Activate  (Read 3599 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Alternate Window Activate
« on: June 12, 2022, 10:27:24 PM »
e.g. I invoke WACUP and only main and playlist editor windows appear. Typically one would bring up the main menu and clik album art and/or equalizer, etc. to activate those. I would like to define some key/s and/or batch file/s (which could then be triggered via key defs) for these or others to achieve this and bypass the app menu. This would incorporate toggle-on/off functionality. I'm not sure but I suppose this means executing some sort of command line/s and thereby using these as key/batch definitions. If possible, I would then seek a list of the available code/command lines for these and other windows.

-thx

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Alternate Window Activate
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 11:34:17 PM »
Stop right there as I think you're asking for something that is either not feasible or is trying to work around something that should not even be happening. As those windows if they're set to be visible should be being seen along with the 2 windows noted unless you've got other windows in the location of them that have a higher window order (i.e. topmost). Also depending on the wacup based window positions relative to the other ones it's completely possible for them to be there but be overlapped & then there's whether the modern skin engine is involved or not.

Or are you just asking for some of the global hotkeys (either for when WACUP is not the active program or global within the active WACUP instance) that already existing for the toggling visibility state of some of the windows (depends on the plug-in & skin as to what is or isn't supported via those).

Either way you're going to have to give clarification of what's going on as currently I just can't envision what the layout, etc of the windows you're working with is or if it's that you're having a completely different issue (i.e. windows not being restored as visible when they're meant to be as my initial reading of this thread has made me think is happening).

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 12:52:01 AM »
I am using classic skin. Your reply has clarified things for me and perhaps now I can be a little more clear. Album Art (Alt+A) and Equalizer (Alt+G) are already in the code. I'm such a hammerhead, never noticed those in the main menu. This is good. These key combos produce the on-off toggle as desired. Now, possible to make a key combo to do both (or a selection of others as well) toggle together? There is no issue for me if they activate behind another window, repeated CTRL+Tab will make them surface.

(I noticed that Big Clock and Waveform Seeker do not have a key-combo like some others and  request for this)

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 09:18:29 PM »
(I noticed that Big Clock and Waveform Seeker do not have a key-combo like some others and  request for this)
So what should be used then for them that makes sense ?

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 10:56:46 PM »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 10:58:54 PM »
That doesn't answer my question.

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 11:01:23 PM »
man, that was quick! clik it again

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 07:01:03 PM »
ok - so the lack of clarity and mention of Waveform Seeker/Big Clock looks to have veered the op off-course. Steering it back to the 'intent' of the op ...

I would like to be able to define a key or key-combo (my keyboard has a section of user-programmable keys fwiw) that when pressed activates 2 or more windows. e.g. I press a key/key-combo and Album Art and Media Library open. I press another key and they close. As I have used these 2 as examples I would desire this for any of the standard-issue WACUP windows. I have done something similar to this request. I have a key that invokes a shortcut which points to a batch file that contains code that turns on the internet as well a several internet-dependent Rainmeter skins simultaneously and another key/shortcut/batch that turns them off. Therefore, I believe my need would be for a command line that accomplishes the activation/deactivation of both (or more) of these WACUP windows.

(man, another wordy post that I pray is clear)

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 07:31:03 PM »
A dynamic API to control dynamically available windows in a user defined order & anything else needed to appease whichever skin engine is being used.

I get what's wanted now I've been able to read everything & get the appropriate clarification, just not sure how I'd want to define it.

As doing something via the command-line requires more knowledge between the existing instance & the one that's trying to interact with it & what to use to determine how to reference the windows.

Unless I just make use of the GUIDs the windows can specify (not guaranteed for all plug-in windows - mostly an issue for 3rd party plug-ins) & you then just feed in a list of GUIDs plus the shown state & it works from that.

-dro
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:59:36 PM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 08:59:01 PM »
I've just started going through things & this is the obvious Alt+? actions that I've found from the plug-ins & trying out a few of the skins to see what was being generically used. There's still the chance I've missed something & that other combinations of skins &/or plug-ins are already making use of them.
A - Album Art Window
B -
C - Skin Settings
D - Colour Themes
E - Playlist Editor Window
F - Modern Skin File Menu (not a window thing)
G - Equaliser Window / Embedded tab toggle
H - Modern Skin Help Menu (not a window thing)
I - Modern Skin View Menu (not a window thing)
J -
K - Open configuration for current Visualisation plug-in
L - Media Library Window
M - Minimise
N - Modern Skin Show/Hide Browser tab/view ?
O - Modern Skin Options Menu (not a window thing)
P - Modern Skin Play Menu (not a window thing)
Q - Queue Manager Window
R -
S - Skin Options
T - Insert separator
U -
V - Video Window
W - Main Window / Main UI depending on skin
X - Modern Skin Show/Hide Browser tab/view ?
Y - Lyrics Window
Z - Undo playlist changes

So from that, I can probably use Alt+B for Big Clock (which makes sense), for Waveform Seeker using Alt+R is probably the more sensible one to use so it matches up to part of what's in the string. Otherwise it's then going into using numbers (not Alt+3 as that's already taken) or punctuation characters if there's a desire to support even more windows (ignoring that modern skins can self-register them too).

I'm not going to implement the thing suggested in my reply above for now as I've too much that already needs to be finished off to get a new preview build out the door.

-dro
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:27:21 PM by dro »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 09:59:24 PM »
I'm cool with Alt+B / Alt +R. I just appreciate that you have taken valuable time to consider and respond. -thx Darren