Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How do I delete files?  (Read 1478 times)

drkenrich

• View Profile
How do I delete files?
« on: June 17, 2021, 03:20:44 AM »
I'm a died in the wool Winamp user, but brand new to WACUP. Works for most of what I want. Thanks.

There are two questions I've come up with.
1. I download LOTS of music, play through a long playlist, and delete permanently the ones I don't want to keep.
How do I do this in WACUP? In fact, there doesn't seem to be any specific Remove from Playlist option except standard highlight and DEL.

2. Instead of posting immediately, I usually try to search through threads to see if my question has already come up. I couldn't see any search function in this forum. Where is it?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: How do I delete files?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 06:21:51 PM »
1. Use the right-click (context) menu in the Playlist Editor. Look for the "Remove selected" command near the top of the listing. To permanently delete use the Shift+Alt+Del keyboard shortcut after selecting 1 or more files. To keep people from accidentally permanently deleting files, the Del key alone is not enough (Winamp also did this). There is also a WACUP Preferences option on the General tab to move deleted files to the recycle bin to provide a way to recover files deleted by accident or if you change your mind.

There are other "point and click" ways that depend on the skin (user interface) you're using.

2. Look at the menu bar at the top of the website screen. From left to right, you will see Home, Help, Search, and the other general selections.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 06:43:21 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system