Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Wacup "steals focus" at the end of video playback  (Read 1778 times)

HannibalAnthrope

• Professional Software Engineer
    • View Profile
Wacup "steals focus" at the end of video playback
« on: October 21, 2020, 02:40:08 AM »
[this is current version, not beta, on Win7.64bit]
Doesn't happen with audio playback only video.  Easy to reproduce, queue up 2 videos and run notepad and start typing and watch what happens when you get to the end of the first video.  Focus gets taken, not sure which Winamp component gets it thought.    I played around with some options but didn't see any change (so I just resorted to writing a little app that intercepts the win32 api message and eats it :-))  This was a very common problem years back with every app trying to constantly steal focus for it's own use.

PS: Speaking of video playback, why is the background of the video viewer the same color as the skin primary? ie; Blue for the modern - and it looks stupid on the video window - and no option to change this?
"Language? What language? When I was young we did our programming with zeros and ones, and sometimes we didn't even have any ones! But we were happy!"

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Wacup "steals focus" at the end of video playback
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 03:14:41 AM »
What skin are you using? It's definitely not a wanted behaviour so could be either the skin or something I've messed up whilst trying to replace things as we go.

Compared to 5.666 the background fill colour when there's no video playing uses a different colour as it made the video window better fit in with the other windows in the skins imho. But without knowing the skin being used, it might be one that doesn't look as well with it or it's a modern skin & is trying to set it's own thing on it which might not look right.

Maybe a screenshot of just the video window would be the quicker way to confirm what's going on. It's ultimately trying to find a balance across the various skins & colour combinations that go on & there isn't an option to alter such things at the moment as I've been on a run of trying to avoid just adding options for the sake of it as the preferences as a whole are just too much.

-dro