Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Winamp API  (Read 3834 times)

yons

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Winamp API
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:12:20 PM »
Hello

Is there any API I can use to get information from WACUP/Winamp? I would like to get info from the media library, for example, music ratings.

If there isn't any API does someone have some ideia how I can extract this from the media library?

Thanks.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Winamp API
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 04:22:37 PM »
There are apis but it depends on how you're trying to access that data from which determines how well it'll work or not.

Am guessing its more likely your wanting it from an external tool which if so means you'd need to look at using the wacup export plug-in to dump the data to csv, etc that way. See the 'export' submenu on the menu of the library button.

We did talk about improving the export behaviour on discord a few weeks back but I've not started on working on that. The idea is that the export method becomes a direct part of the wacup core so it's then always available via a command-line action which also opens up the ability to do smart view queries on the command-line so it's simpler to leverage the library to do some of the processing before any tooling then needs to do its thing.

-dro

yons

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »
Tks for the reply.

Didn't know about this export. I was looking for something on the fly but for now I can work with this export.

Tks again

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 05:35:00 PM »
Well the export plug-in is what will be the basis for the integrated solution but I'm waiting on merging & all that especially as I want to have ml_ll replace ml_local so I don't have to contend with supporting 2 different variations of the library database format. We'll get there but at least you've a workaround :)

-dro