Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Dock Behaviour with Multi-Monitor Setup  (Read 3916 times)

Kanzar

• View Profile
Dock Behaviour with Multi-Monitor Setup
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:05:39 AM »
Hi,

Thanks heaps for reviving this media player, it's definitely been one of my favourites.

I've been playing around with Eyefinity for my Triple Monitor setup. Whilst it is not enabled (just Windows managing extended desktop across the three identical screens), it'll dock on any of the three monitors, and stay on just one screen.

In Eyefinity, WACUP obviously detects it as one giant screen and thus docks across all three - now you can imagine this wouldn't be particularly helpful (hotkeys on the left screen, title somewhere slightly to the right of center in the middle, exit and return to normal mode far right screen), so I was wondering if I'm missing some configuration that would allow me to limit it to just one of the three screens?

I'm using build 3276 on Win7x64.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Dock Behaviour with Multi-Monitor Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 04:26:11 PM »
Manually setting the position is the only way to do it as the point of Eyefinity is to fool everything to be a single monitor & so the information that gets queried by the programs is going to be that single virtual monitor. I don't know if there's ways to work around it programmatically but that seems a bad idea to try to counteract what is otherwise the intended result with having a big virtual monitor.

-dro

Kanzar

• View Profile
Re: Dock Behaviour with Multi-Monitor Setup
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »
That's a pity, I wonder what some programs are using as they know to limit themselves to a certain screen only (for example, Firefox windowed/full screen toggle takes it from windowed, "full screen" on current screen, whilst double clicking the bar takes it to full screen all screens). Given the existence of ultrawide monitors, the behaviour of the docked shade isn't particularly useful...

In that vein, when manually positioning and resizing it, it won't snap to a monitor border - as we've already concluded, WACUP is unaware of where the monitor border is. This is counter to how any other software behaves, even iTunes will momentarily stop when I drag it near a border. I also use a software that allows me to split the screens into several cells, but WACUP does not allow itself to be controlled by this software. This suggests to me that WACUP is unique in how it handles it window... but I suspect this is something that is very difficult to "fix".

I'll see how I go with just using it manually resize to one screen only... :O