Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Milkdrop starting with wacup?  (Read 8032 times)

aurel

• View Profile
Milkdrop starting with wacup?
« on: January 29, 2019, 08:42:04 AM »
would be nice to have an option to start milkdrop when wacup starts...

after a google session i ved found the solution ...........

Options/Preferences -> Plugins -> "Auto execute visualization plug-in on playback
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:03:53 AM by aurel »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Milkdrop starting with wacup?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 11:42:49 AM »
How odd to have the same question about automatically starting vis plug-ins within a day (here & on discord).

At least you've found the option. There's still the case of it not being there until playback starts but that's a whole different issue as via plug-ins aren't really loaded until needed.

-dro

aurel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 12:50:24 PM »
Just enabling the option should work without having to restart winamp/wacup :)

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 07:14:28 PM »
The visualizer will appear at next start of winamp  if you 'pause' before exit or if you simply just exit via main menu or alt/F4 during playback!

Caution : if you Exit during playback it will play from where you left off so don't be startled if your volume is loud, especially if you put on headphones!

(I guess many do not know that the player 'remembers' the last state AND yes, the enable@playback box must be checked, of course)

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 07:25:00 PM »
The default remembering playback state is a WACUP feature (unless someone has installed it in Winamp) as implemented by my first Winamp plug-in but I know some turn it off immediately to avoid such cases re: headphones. That's why the pause / playing on exit is working since it's doing enough to trigger resumed playback.

The best solution is that the vis plug-ins work in the same manner as dsp plug-ins which are loaded on start-up but I've yet to work out all of the bits that I need to hook / replace to get that to that point re: vis plug-ins. There's also a change I want to make to the handling in general so that it feeds in silence even if there's no playback going on which for the likes of Milkdrop at least allow them to do something even if there's nothing going on so you don't have a blank / frozen looking screen. Just noting it here as part of my thoughts on what needs to be done.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 08:22:26 PM »
Winamp has behaved in the way I describe before I ever heard of wacup, so yes, 'someone' must have. btw, I did not know the 'remember state' was even a feature (as I find this common to many other media players) and that it could be disabled. How do do you do that?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 08:35:28 PM »
If you'd maybe installed the old Winamp Essentials Pack (WEP) then that might explain why you were seeing it (as an earlier version of the plug-in in WACUP was part of WEP). If you go to Preferences -> Playback -> Autoplay then that'll give you the options needed.

-dro