Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP Installer Command-line Options  (Read 8224 times)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
WACUP Installer Command-line Options
« on: July 30, 2018, 02:38:17 AM »
To help do specific things during install either for WACUP's needs or if you want to script updates yourself, WACUP installers provided from 2018 onwards provide the following command-line options which can be chained together (e.g. /IAGREE /SKIPDIR /SKIPSKIN).

These are handled case-insensitively so /iagree works the same as /IAGREE or /iAgReE (unless stated otherwise). Finally if you don't specify any command-line options then the full installer experience will be provided so consider these options as advanced and that you know how to use the command-line.

/IAGREE   -   skips the welcome, license & changelog page (if applicable) during install to save your fingers a few clicks & implies you agree to installing what has been provided :)

/PORTABLE   -   selects the portable install mode (settings stored in the install folder) by default instead of a normal install (which stores the settings on a per-user basis)

/SKIPSKIN   -   skips the user specific stage of the install process where the current skin can be selected

/SKIPDIR   -   skips showing the directory selection page so the default install folder or the path specified via the /D=<path> switch is the one used

/S   -   runs the installer silently whch will assume a default full install including location (see below) of where it's installed, etc

/D=<path>   -   sets the default installation directory and this must be the last parameter used in the command-line and must not contain any quotes, even if the path contains spaces. Only absolute paths are supported.

-dro