Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: PE Context Menu Command to Force Active ATF String Update to all songs listed  (Read 2424 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Currently the option to update all songs listed is only offered when the ATF string is changed. When I load a playlist that was saved when a different ATF string was active, the songs listed are updated to the current ATF string 1 song at a time when the song is played. It would be convenient to be able to update the old ATF string for all the songs in the playlist all at once.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Are these external playlists or ones that are known in the library playlists area?

For library playlists (irrespective of being external or library managed copies) then playlist view -> misc -> rebuild title on selection will do a title refresh for the whole playlist if there's no selection.

For the main playlist editor the same should be working which also has the Ctrl+Alt+E shortcut though I probably do need to make things more obvious that it can be done.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
I only use external playlists. They are all listed in the ML Playlists view. I don't see a misc command anywhere in that view.

There is a misc button in the PE window which provides the "Rebuild titles on selection" command. So there already is a way to update titles for the whole listing in old playlists. Sorry I didn't look harder at the existing features.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You may need to change the width of the library playlist view so the misc button appears. As it'll hide some buttons if there's not enough space to show them but there's nothing visually to indicate that which is something that needs to be resolved somehow.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
there's nothing visually to indicate that which is something that needs to be resolved somehow.
The only obvious thing I can think of is adding a small overflow like button when there's any buttons hidden due to lack of space to show them & for that to pop-up a menu maybe so the action can then be interacted with that way (not great but it's something though I don't know when I'd get around to implementing it).

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Ok, I had to expand the right hand view in the ML view (that lists the contents of the playlist) to expose the Misc button.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The other thought I had was that maybe I could just insert aspects of the menus for the buttons into the right-click menu but it's going to clutter it up. Too many options is a hassle that at times I don't like having to contend with.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
You do not need to change anything. The option I asked for is already there. I had not looked at the misc commands in the PE for a long time and forgot what was there. As for the ML view, I just needed to size the playlist contents view properly. The left hand view was wider than it needed to be.