Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Top media panes discard Album Artist "XXX" if already listed as "The XXX"  (Read 3394 times)

PeterS

• View Profile
My Left Hand top library pane displays a list by Album Artist. I had tagged a group as Album Artist "The Persuasions" but mistakenly tagged one album as Album Artist "Persuasions". The name "Persuasions" does not appear in Album Artist pane list AND its also not listed under "The Persuasions". It also does not appear in top Right Hand pane that lists the individual album names. However when I scroll down in the bottom pane that shows album tracks, the tracks on that album do appear.

I then did a search using ?albumartist begins "The " and discovered a similar problem with two other artists. However in those cases the reverse happened "Four Tops" appeared in the Album Artist and Album panes but not "The Four Tops".

From limited data, it appears that Wacup/Winamp is choosing the Album Artist name (whether its with "The" or without "The") from the album whose name is closest to the start of the alphabet and discarding the other option.

If my description isn't clear enough I will post screen shots.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
This is all due to how the local library plug-in that WACUP is re-using from Winamp 5.666 works where some of it's internal queries don't account for what you've done correctly when working out things to appear in the upper filter panes. There's changes in place for what will eventually become the next WACUP preview build which will use it's own plug-in & that should better behave with how 'the' is handled.

-dro

PeterS

• View Profile
Thank you. I will of course correct my album artist tags so that they are the same. My concern was that if I hadn't spotted it those albums were semi-disappeared. I recently came to Wacup from the original Winamp (I had finally deduced that the current developers were never going to do anything useful). Thank you for moving Winamp forward; I have highly modified my media pane and it provides me with information about what I am playing in far greater depth than is possible with any other player. I'll make a donation in the next few days. Thanks again.