Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: MAKIs  (Read 8144 times)

ariszlo

• View Profile
MAKIs
« on: April 12, 2021, 02:17:44 PM »
MAKIs are skin-enhancement binaries that you can pack with modern skins. They are compiled from MAKI scripts with the MAKI Compiler.

Find a lot of MAKI scripts in Winamp forum's MAKI Cheats thread.

To compile your MAKI
  • put your script in the MAKI Compiler folder
  • launch cmd.exe
  • cd to the MAKI Compiler folder
  • type mc.exe followed by the filename of your script and hit enter, e.g.
    mc.exe myscript.m
Copy the compiled maki into the scripts folder of your skin.

If this is the first time you are using cmd.exe and you don't know how to cd to the MAKI Compiler folder then here is an example. Let's say you have extracted MAKI Compiler v1.2.0.zip to your desktop. Then this is how you get to there in cmd.exe using the cd (⁠= change directory) command:

cd C:\Users\YourUserAccount\Desktop\MAKI Compiler v1.2.0

« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 08:17:08 PM by ariszlo »

ariszlo

• View Profile
play2pause.maki
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 02:25:04 PM »
This maki merges the Play and Pause buttons into a single toggle button. The version hosted at FrisbeeMonkey.com is packed with a lot of old skins but, unfortunately, it does not work in Winamp 5.x.

This is an updated version which works in both Winamp 3 and Winamp 5.x.

ariszlo

• View Profile
Playback buttons showing playback status
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 02:47:54 PM »
Playback buttons can show button states with the image, hoverimage and downimage parameters but they cannot show playback status (playing, paused, stopped) on their own.

Winamp Modern and Quinto show playback status on the playback buttons by overlaying layers, playback buttons and status images, which gives the desired results unless you use partially transparent button (and status) images.

This script works well with both opaque and partially transparent button images.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: MAKIs
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 04:37:51 PM »
Are you going to replicate all the scripts from that thread?

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 04:51:14 PM »
By the way, some time ago I collected most of those scripts on a zip, available on my Winamp skinning resources thread: https://getwacup.com/community/index.php?topic=307.0
(see 'Complete collection of scripts (gathered all around the internet)').

I didn't gather all there were, maybe that could do a good addition / zip (some have a first version and an improved one, which is the useful one IMO).

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 01:09:54 PM »
Are you going to replicate all the scripts from that thread?

No, I have neither the time, nor the patience to do that. I meant this thread as a sequel to it.

I thought there might be some other enthusiasts of old skins hanging around here who would find a drop-in replacement of the old play2pause.maki useful. Even though there are several other later variants of the script that work well with Winamp 5.0+, I liked the comments in the Gonzotek/Vica/FrisbeeMonkey script so I decided to update it.

The other script was requested by a user at the Winamp forum and I thought it was worth sharing a more elaborate version of it here because it makes it much easier to add playback status to the playback buttons than the solution used in Winamp Modern or Quinto with layers, buttons and status tags (to which Quinto also adds a hover script).

By the way, some time ago I collected most of those scripts on a zip, available on my Winamp skinning resources thread...

Yes, I know about it. It is a very good collection.

ariszlo

• View Profile
TickerToggleLeftClick
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 08:34:18 PM »
This is for old songtickers with 2 states of ticker scrolling (on and off). For modern songtickers with 3 options (both directions, right to left, off), use tickerpopup from Ariszló’s Study Skin instead.

Toggle songticker scrolling on/off by left-clicking on it.
Script modified from Hammerhead & Jimmysmith's TickerToggleRightClick.m
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:36:20 PM by ariszlo »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 10:11:27 PM »
Was that that script causing the issue in the other thread about the vis not working?

-dro

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 04:50:28 AM »
It turned out that it was not. First I thought it was but now vis works with or without it. So I do not know what really broke the vis.

ariszlo

• View Profile
seekpercentage.m
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 06:03:36 PM »
Displays elapsed time in percentage of song length.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 06:15:32 PM by ariszlo »

ariszlo

• View Profile
sc_mouseredir.maki
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2023, 04:45:09 PM »
This is an old Skin Consortium script to pass a click on a GUI object to a button.

The script takes two parameters, the first of which is the id of the GUI object and the second is the id of the button. Here's an example:

<button
  id="Track Info" action="trackinfo"
  x="24" y="62" w="1" h="1"
  image="none"
/>
<AlbumArt
  id="albumart" notfoundImage="nocover"
  x="24" y="62" w="-48" h="-86" relatw="1" relath="1"
/>
<script file="scripts/sc_mouseredir.maki" param="albumart;Track Info"/>

The script can also be used to set the positions of pop-up menus:

<button
  id="Main Menu" action="SYSMENU"
  x="8" y="40" w="1" h="1"
  image="none"
/>
<button
  id="Main Click"
  x="8" y="8"
  image="button.main"
  hoverImage="button.main.hover"
  downImage="button.main.pressed"
  tooltip="Main Menu"
/>
<script file="scripts/sc_mouseredir.maki" param="Main Click;Main Menu"/>

As you can see, only the button receiving the mouse click has visible button images, and only the button launching the menu and setting its position has an action parameter.

Skins known to use this script

ariszlo

• View Profile
six-digit-elapsed-remaining.maki
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2024, 10:49:37 PM »
This shows elapsed time in one text object and remaining time in another one. If the song is longer than an hour then elapsed/remaining time is shown in HH:MM:SS format, if shorter then in MM:SS.CC format, where CC = centiseconds.