Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Album Art Anomaly  (Read 4053 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Album Art Anomaly
« on: February 25, 2021, 05:36:31 AM »
During folder playback, after first few tracks album art goes blank when next track begins. Art can be recovered by minimize then maximize player (press of 'x' also recovers art, sort of ok work-around). But goes blank again at start of next track. This behavior is not consistent but often enough to be annoying.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:32:58 AM by MourningStar »

Mits

• View Profile
Re: Album Art Anomaly
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 10:18:56 PM »
Are you using embedded albumart? This has never ever happened to me, but I only use cover.jpg

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 01:18:44 AM »
Are you using embedded albumart? This has never ever happened to me, but I only use cover.jpg
define 'embedded'. I use MP3tag app to add track data (titles, artists, year, composers, etc. and the add cover function) to an audio file. Most covers are jpg, though some are pngs. Image format should not cause this issue. This release is the first time in WACUP/Winamp history that I have encountered this.

Today, album art was blank when a new set of audio files were loaded for playback into WACUP. Two pressing of 'x' seems to be the best (annoying) work-around.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 02:22:56 AM »
I assume you're refering to the gen_classicart plug-in window? The window contents going blank most likely means something else is failing & the crash prevention handling is kicking in or something is preventing the artwork cache from working.

Would suggest you first try changing the caching option to less aggressive on the 'artwork' preferences page & if the issue keeps happening to just select the disabled cache option.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 03:03:06 AM »
I assume you're refering to the gen_classicart plug-in window?
If it has Album Art title @ top and is controlled with Alt+A, then yes. Selecting the disabled cache option works. However, it recalls a previous behavior I posted (another I cannot locate) where the art goes blank at end of track and reappears at start of next track. Other than this small quirk, all is well.

btw, why is this artwork cache function here to begin with? I'm sure you did not code this specifically for my issue (just askin' to get some education).

-thx.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 03:10:35 AM »
I coded it because on track change there can be numerous requests for the same image (more so when using a modern skin) so a cache helps minimise the amount of re-processing of files that can otherwise go on which with ever increasing artwork sizes is needed otherwise you could be looking at many seconds waits & a greater possibility of the OS thinking things have hung.

It's also why you see things blinking in & out (more so when it's disabled) due to things being set to be asynchronous where possible - that way it can grab the metadata (if set to be shown) without having to wait for the artwork. Annoying, yes & is why I've still got it on my needs improvement list but things flicking in & not blocking is the lesser of two evils.

Now the cache being disabled means something else is going on which isn't going to be easy & might even be related to some of the other intermittent issues that 7170 has which I'm trying to get resolved & a new build released early next week.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 03:30:41 AM »
^
thx Darren - it was very kind of you. cheers and stay safe

(man, don't you ever sleep? you are in the UK, right?)

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 03:42:43 AM »
I sleep, just not on UK time & its more like US east coast.

-dro