Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Alt Close v1.0  (Read 3083 times)

vendszel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • SBNC.eu
Alt Close v1.0
« on: February 27, 2021, 01:30:10 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for your hard work on this project!

I have a bit of a strange setup, as I'm a Mac user, but I love Winamp and never managed to find a comparable player for macOS, so I'm trying to use WACUP now as my main music player.

You may know there is a SW called WINE which is a (rather successful) attempt to translate Windows API calls to native OS calls on linux and mac (and probably other systems too), in other words it is a way to run Windows software on non Windows machines.

After some fiddling WACUP runs smoothly using WINE on macOS. However sometimes, when I have issues obviously I have to try to reproduce the same on a native Windows environment in order to find out if it is an issue due to running WACUP in WINE or is it an issue with WACUP itself.

During one of these checks I've noticed that the Alt Close general purpose plugin does not load on my test Windows 7, but it does load fine in WINE. So I've just decided to flag it with you. I don't have a Windows 10 to see if it may only be an issue with Windows 7, so it may not be a real issue anyway as probably noone is using Win7 any more, but I've just found it interesting that something works better in WINE than on a real Windows. (See two screenshots, one from Win7 and the other from WINE.)

And by the way, I find it rather useful to be able to restart Winamp with a single key+click combo so maybe you could consider adding it as a default to WACUP, especially considering that apparently it was written by You, DrO a mere 17 years ago... :) It is almost a legal adult now (at least in some parts of the world.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 01:33:07 PM by vendszel »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Alt Close v1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 03:47:43 AM »
And by the way, I find it rather useful to be able to restart Winamp with a single key+click combo so maybe you could consider adding it as a default to WACUP, especially considering that apparently it was written by You, DrO a mere 17 years ago... :) It is almost a legal adult now (at least in some parts of the world.)
There's some technically even older code than that as part of WACUP which I think is legal to drink in almost all of the world at this point :)

The aim is to merge in some more of my older plug-ins (either directly or kept as a plug-in) once I've pulled them off my backups & updated them as needed to fit in with how I'm doing things with WACUP.

One thing I would check is if the true Windows install was a normal or a portable install. If it's a portable install then you'd need to enable the option on Advanced -> Portable Mode to allow 3rd party plug-ins to be loaded. Otherwise I suspect it's more likely not loading due to it being 1.0 & not 1.1 as most of my early plug-in compiles don't work nicely any version of Windows with DEP enabled which can also prevent a dll from loading (that newer version would be something in my backups that I need to access later on).

-dro