Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Waveform Seeker for Streaming  (Read 2257 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Waveform Seeker for Streaming
« on: June 20, 2022, 09:26:22 PM »
Because the thread was closed ('Resolved') I supplied a screen capture of a portion relative to this. I agree with Aminifu in that I too desire a 'fill'.
-thx
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 10:54:32 PM by MourningStar »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Re: Waveform Seeker for Streaming
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 10:57:51 PM »
here I go again getting all twisted. The screen capture above was from a topic regarding a rare anomaly with non-stream type playback. Since the seeker does not support streaming, I should make clear that this topic is for the seeker to support it and perhaps the 'moving' fill can somehow get hooked to the elapsed time graphically. I know not if the current seeker can easily be enhanced and if not perhaps a new one created?
(I have updated the op with a, hopefully, more appropriate title)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Waveform Seeker for Streaming
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 12:03:48 AM »
The way the waveform seeker works currently makes it rely on the file conversion api which won't work with streams which is why it shows the empty waveform & doesn't do anything else.

So a different mechanism (or I just make the file conversion have a stream / current playing handling mode) would need to be employed for streams so there's none of the weird plug-in hooking / faking playback that the very early versions of the plug-in would use so it can instead just get the direct audio needed to then able to effectively run in a non-ending loop & then from that it'd have to be changed to render out some form of I suppose 'scrolling' audio view.

It's that last part I really don't know what would make the best sense to do to show what's going on.

-dro