Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Convert / Update old skin?  (Read 84 times)

DrNoD

• View Profile
Convert / Update old skin?
« on: April 23, 2024, 11:01:55 PM »
I just discovered that this player is existing. I was using Winamp since the beginnung.

I also used a skin called "Sonicated".
https://kickbutts.tripod.com/winamp.htm

Unfortunately it is not fully working with this new version. For exampe Album art has no skin.

Is there a way to convert this old skin (zip file with some BMP files) into a new one and add for example the new Album Art window?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Convert / Update old skin?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 12:04:28 AM »
The skin is working correctly for one from 1999 which pre-dates the classic skin additions that Winamp 2.9x introduced in 2003.

If you get a copy of the Skinner's Atlas then the gen.bmp & genex.bmp from it are the files that would need to be added into the old skin along with reading the txt file in the wsz (it's just a zip file so there's nothing special about it) or there's an online copy at https://github.com/WACUP/Winamp-Skinning-Archive/tree/master/Classic%20Skins/Skinners%20Atlas to read through.

There should be enough from the old skin to be able cobble something together to create those 2 files & then you can add them into the existing zip file or leave it as a pre-extracted folder within the Skins folder.

-dro

DrNoD

• View Profile
Re: Convert / Update old skin?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 01:07:17 AM »
Awesome. Thank you. This was really easy  :)

Not the perfect artwork on my side. But this is good enough for my needs.  ;D