Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Support for lossless radio streaming  (Read 4444 times)

BennyD

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Support for lossless radio streaming
« on: December 31, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
List of lossless radio streams https://www.hiresaudio.online/cd-quality-internet-radio/
I've found that this is not supported and it would be nice to have that feature,
Sometimes i get some output - choppy noise, while vlc has no issues.
Cheers and A Happy New Year.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Support for lossless radio streaming
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 05:26:03 PM »
and A Happy New Year
and to you too :)

I should have put some money on Absolute Radio being on the list of streams (they've had a thing for doing Ogg Flac streams for years).

I've got plans as our current FLAC plug-in has no streaming support & even the FLAC plug-in from 5.666 (which we no longer use) only did raw FLAC streaming & not Ogg + Flac streams from what I remember which is what would be needed in this instance. I just haven't progressed as fast as I'd have liked to doing it yet as I'd like to commonly handle the Ogg encapsulated formats when it comes to streaming so that something based off my Ogg Vorbis stream handling can then be used for Ogg+Flac.

Will see what comes over the next few months as the streaming support in general needs to be improved :)

-dro