Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Hotkeys request for the Big Clock & Waveform Seeker windows  (Read 4018 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
... wavefor seeker and big clock
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 12:06:19 AM by dro »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Hotkeys Request for ...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 11:00:26 PM »
(I noticed that Big Clock and Waveform Seeker do not have a key-combo like some others and  request for this)
So what should be used then for them that makes sense ?

-dro
hmmmm ... don't know what all are already reserved but I'll give it a shot :

Waveform Seeker Alt + S

Big Clock Alt + B

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 11:22:00 PM »
Alt + S is already assigned to open the skins browser in the WACUP Preferences. I know that one because I like to use a variety of modern skins.

There are several keyboard shortcuts already assigned, using 1, 2, or 3 keys. I don't know where (or if) all of them are listed in one place. There is an old list for Winamp (Google search for it), but it is probably not up to date nor includes anything new added for WACUP. I'm mostly a point and click user, but I have taken the time to look at all the various context menus to find those I may like to use on a regular basis.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 11:27:48 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 03:41:32 AM »
There are several keyboard shortcuts already assigned, using 1, 2, or 3 keys. I don't know where (or if) all of them are listed in one place.
would be most productive if they were  ;)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 05:44:53 AM »
would be most productive if they were  ;)

Yeah, but instead of looking for assigned shortcuts I suggest trying a shortcut you want to use and seeing if WACUP reacts. First, be sure the SUI is active or if using a non-SUI skin make the window active you want the shortcut to be associated with.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 05:53:48 AM by Aminifu »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 06:14:27 AM »
well, the boss asked, I replied and you negated one of them. really matters not what gets assigned, I'm just grateful if it happens.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 10:34:39 AM »
Just looking at what's in the menus & working it out from there was what I was hoping for some input on but you've found the main reason why I never added support into those plug-ins because the most logical letter to use has basically already been used.

Then there's the 'fun' that comes from modern skins being able to register their own window shortcuts along with any other plug-ins which can make it a pain to find a decent alt+letter to use when not many still remain to use.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 06:34:37 PM »
off topic : from my long-time association here it seems that modern skins 'appear' responsible for more 'pain' than 'fun'. My mind plays with the question would this product be damn-near finished (if not actually finished altogether) if it was strictly 'classic'?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 06:53:28 PM »
It would have made having a free from winamp build easier to achieve but as I set the goal to be 5.666 compatible that's why it is how it is. It's also why non-legacy exists for those ok with a wacup only core & don't need modern skin support.

Otherwise I've got to figure out enough to make the wacup core provide what the modern skin plug-in needs to work. Also for winamp proper it's a hassle but that's what you get from trying to recycle something from winamp3 so it wasn't a financial waste.

Though "finished" is many many years off as dropping the complete need for anything from winamp whilst moving wacup forward has a lot more to achieve so it's more than just another winamp clone.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 12:05:40 AM »
Big Clock has had Alt+B added for it & Waveform Seeker has had Alt+R added for it in the pending next beta build. Will mark this as implemented.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 04:56:59 PM »
Big Clock has had Alt+B added for it & Waveform Seeker has had Alt+R added for it in the pending next beta build. Will mark this as implemented.

-dro
thank you sir!

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
I've been infrequently using a plug-in called "Yar-matey! Playlist Copier" (gen_yar.dll) for years. When it is enabled, the new Alt + R hotkey opens it's dialog instead of  toggling the on/off display of the waveform seeker. The right-click command for Yar-matey is also not displayed in the PE right-click menu. This plug-in was modified years ago by dro for Winamp.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 09:17:50 PM by Aminifu »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ergh, that ruddy plug-in again. The alt+r handling is noted as "an alternative for mainly Bento/SUI skins where Alt+C is already being used for Skin Settings". Guess I'm going to have to change things again for waveform seeker since the yar matey one predates it by at least a decade for that use.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As I'm going over my list of things to do before a new beta build (only a small update) I've decided I'm not going to mess with the Waveform Seeker plug-in & the shortcut I'd assigned & instead it'll be gen_yar that'll be eventually changed as the first is default to wacup & it's a better use for the main shortcuts over a plug-in that most don't even know about.

Not sure if a quick recompile & change of the gen_yar plug-in will be done in time or if it'll be a later this / next week sort of thing.

-dro