Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Double Settings  (Read 1834 times)

Axel Slingerland

• Retired Hippie Guitar Player
    • View Profile
Double Settings
« on: February 09, 2022, 07:21:19 AM »
If it is possible to do, I would like to request that when you use Double Size windows, that Settings Dialogs get doubled as well.
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Double Settings
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 07:31:25 AM »
You'll find that in "General" there's a skinned dialogs option that'll skin - at least the preferences - to the current skin, which also works with the double size setting
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

Axel Slingerland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 09:42:45 AM »
Cool, thanks. :)

Axel Slingerland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 04:58:30 PM »
I like how it says "Try to apply the current skin..." I took that as a warning that it might not work as well as you want it to right off, and I was right. :)

I've been trying to get it to work a little better. At first there were several things that weren't right with the Major Tom Remix skin, and after fooling around with it most of the night, I'm down to one place that I can't seem to figure out. The background of the scroll bars. I found a thing about the genex.bmp file awhile back that lists what each of the colors used in various places are, accessed by dots in the image, but the dots indicated for scroll bars doesn't seem to be right.

It wasn't all that noticeable when it was the basic blue background color of the default Winamp skin, but something I did turned it white (which stands out like a broken leg, and is also a default skin background color) and I didn't notice when it did it thus didn't see which dot changed it. I was unable to figure out what is missing to make it fall back to those colors.

The website I found that on had something about not changing the pale blue background color, and said "If you do have another colour for your background and/or don't add the extra pixels in to your genex.bmp, Winamp will check the very top right pixel of genex.bmp, and compare it to the ones shown at 84, 86, 88 & 90, if it is found to match, then Winamp will use the default blue and white colours for these list view bars."

I didn't change the background color and the 4 pixels they mentioned are there, but they are for the text on the lists, not the scroll bars, and the blue and white background colors are both from the original Winamp default skin. I tried putting a different colored pixel there to see what would happen, but nothing changed.

But if I can't figure it out, I can live with it... If I can't make it change to the gray color that it should be (to match the skin) I hope I can at least figure out how to turn it blue again. :)