Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Media Library Behavior  (Read 2936 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Media Library Behavior
« on: February 28, 2021, 06:30:39 PM »
1. In the media library views when the "Played Last" column is used, some views display the time an item starts and some display the time when the history option (if used) starts tracking the item. Technically this is correct behavior but since I have set history tracking to occur after 90% of playback, this leads to big differences in the times. Could this behavior be changed to follow the history tracking option (if used) in all views or the playback start time in all views (except the history view of course) if the history tracking option is not used?

2. Most views don't refresh automatically. Could this be changed to have the active view automatically refresh when the item being played changes (except for the history view which should continue to follow the history tracking option)?
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Media Library Behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 08:12:14 PM »
Which local library plug-in are you using? I can't remember what you've said before but I suspect you're on ml_local based on the things noted. As the ml_ll / history interaction is more aligned than ml_local which to an extent does it's own thing irrespective of the history plug-in.

-dro
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 08:13:21 PM by dro »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 08:21:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm still using ml_local. Waiting for the new plug-in to support album art.

DanielJack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 01:54:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm still using ml_local. Waiting for the new plug-in to support album art.

Hi,
I have just tested the new version of the media library and yes, the album cover support is really missing.
In winamp, I create a smart view > simple album > Query : !(albumartist isempty) > Album Art > Extra Large Icon.
This is my main view in Winamp  8).

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 02:02:04 PM »
If you've manually changed the local library plug-in then it's completely expected to not be showing artwork in the views - you'd need to keep using the local library plug-in from 5.666 which is still the default plug-in for the moment. As the replacement plug-in doesn't have the support coded for it yet. Unless you mean something else & if so then a screenshot of what you're seeing would be helpful to remove any confusion.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 09:19:59 PM »
... - you'd need to keep using the local library plug-in from 5.666 which is still the default plug-in for the moment. ...
-dro

With all you're doing, you may have forgotten that the new media library core in build 8100 doesn't currently support showing the album art in the views that have them, in the library plug-in from 5.666.

You have commented elsewhere that you're considering concentrating on the replacement library plug-in instead of trying to fix issues with the plug-in from 5.666 that occur with WACUP developmental changes. If so, then users (like myself) who like to see album art in library views will have to be patient for awhile.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 12:05:04 AM »
I've not forgotten & there's some obvious differences with how 8100 works vs 7236 which need to be resolved before there's a new preview build though as DanielJack isn't noted as a beta tester, I'm assuming it's a comment on how 7236 is working which is lacking but more so than 8100 does.

-dro