Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Video site support  (Read 4471 times)

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Video site support
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »
Is there any chance of turning this into a plugin for playing content from Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc.?
3DYD Youtube Source https://ys.3dyd.com
I tried adding MP4;M4A;AAC as Directshow extensions but no joy.
If it can be made to work with Winamp it may be a good option for use in the Online services section.
It can play only the audio streams if set to, so could provide a much nicer GUI for Youtube playlists.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Video site support
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:08:09 AM »
Just had a quick look at what it claims to do and it took me a bit to realise it's related to the fb2k plug-in that I'd seen a while back when starting on my in_url + youtube-dl solution (which doesn't support vimeo or dailymotion but could be since youtube-dl claims to support them).

Without actually trying it out, I'm not too sure what is needed to get it working with Winamp's in_dshow (assuming it's not something that in_dshow is blocking or just isn't detecting the urls correctly). Though I'd more prefer to focusing on my existing option as that works with the existing Winamp plug-ins, etc without having to really mess around with lots of settings.

Not sure on the online services aspect as those views aren't that helpful unless it's implemented with a solution that makes use of the hooks that Winamp provides instead of just slapping a web page in and hoping that opening links will work correctly into the current Winamp (which is not always guaranteed).

There is a way to make such videos play without the video aspect by just generically disabling Winamp's video support but finer control would make more sense. Would have to check the youtube-dl responses as I think audio-only options are also available from that (though it depends on the service being used).

Will have to sort out some time to look into this a bit more to see if it's worth it for the playback aspects. Though as I've already got a solution for doing the same base aspects without the need for extra dshow filters I'm not as enthused as I might have been a year ago due to in_url now existing.

-dro