Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento U+  (Read 5587 times)

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
  • mad about Big Bento and WACUP
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
Big Bento U+
« on: March 26, 2022, 08:35:03 PM »
Hello Llamas!

I would like to show you the Big Bento U+

This project keeps alive the famous skin of Winamp 5, Big Bento by updating some components and resolving some bugs that were present and not resolved.

https://github.com/SecurityRaven/Winamp-BigBentoUP

This skin includes my modification "Big Bento Cover Art Window" which you can also find here:
https://github.com/SecurityRaven/Big-Bento-Cover-Art-Window

PS: The skin works great on WACUP (Latest Preview)

ariszlo

• View Profile
Re: Big Bento U+
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 10:10:14 PM »
Could you elaborate what bugs you fixed?
What did Big Bento do wrong?
What does U+ do differently?
Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 10:29:37 PM »
Of course Big Bento didn't do anything wrong. I am trying to maintain the skin to fix some bugs (eg the analyzer was glitching sometimes), and to add some "useful" modifications (The Cover Art Window).  ;D

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 06:52:50 AM »
Of course Big Bento didn't do anything wrong. I am trying to maintain the skin to fix some bugs (eg the analyzer was glitching sometimes), and to add some "useful" modifications (The Cover Art Window).  ;D

What is the analyzer? How do I use it?

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 08:54:53 AM »

What is the analyzer? How do I use it?

I mean the visualization on the songticker (timer) - (top left)
Sorry!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 08:55:32 AM by Rel@m »

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 11:19:44 PM »
https://github.com/SecurityRaven/Winamp-BigBentoREDUX/

1.2.8 has been released

- Updated the "Big Bento Cover Art Window" modification [Version: 1.0.2]
- Fixed the timer overlay
- Removed the extra "0" from the timer
- Added the "Pure Dark" Color Theme
- Fixed bad include (thanks ariszlo for the report)
- Songticker text is rounded
- New name "Redux". It is cool, lol
- Added myself in the about animation (why not?)

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
Re: Big Bento Redux
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 12:32:41 PM »
Important: If someone uses Big Bento Redux (nobody), don't move to the Preview Version (1.2.9), cuz, it is buggy and it HAS PROBLEMS with all Winamp Versions (except 5.666 and WACUP Preview). You'd better be off with the Stable Version (1.2.8). After researching the problem, this popup assertion error happens with the "CoverPlaying" mod. If you want to install 1.2.9, on other Winamp Version, in order to avoid the error, I highly recommend you remove the "CoverPlaying" mod. Guide to remove the mod: https://github.com/SecurityRaven/Winamp-BigBentoREDUX/blob/main/README.md#disabling-the-coverplaying-mod

tortilio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 11:38:07 AM »
Hi everyone (my debut post in the forum),
I was wondering whether this modification has been withdrawn, not being accessible anymore.
I'm a fond user of the (Big) Bento interface, due to some fifteen years spent in "her" company with great fulfillment of my functional (and aesthetical) needs, and I sill prefer her over Modern alternatives, especially due to the different working of the Switch to Shade on Titlebar Doubleclick option in the latter (something I constantly use to toggle between the Shade and Main mode just "throwing" the mouse cursor upwards and clicking, without having to aim where to exactly click).
The only thing I really miss in the Bento skin (as well as in others) is the chance of displaying the filename and file path among the File Info Components (something I found only in the ClassicPro skin, which however suffers from the same limitations of the Bento Modern skins around the Switch to Shade on Titlebar Doubleclick function), so I thought this Big Bento U+ -might- come in handy at the purpose...

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 01:35:42 PM »
Afaict everything that was done for that mod & related aspects to it has been removed. Maybe there's a copy of things floating around &/or someone else might be up for modifying the file info script for the skin. Alternatively the Winamp Skin Developer Pack (WaSDP) from 5.666 is what you'd need to get & use to try to modify the skin.

-dro

tortilio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 10:32:33 PM »
Ouch, I guess it was for a reason (instability?).
Sadly, although having much confidence using a good amount of pieces of software and the Windows environment, I have no programming skills by my side, which makes me rather hesitant at the idea of diving into skin modification (although I guess it might be not as hard as feared). At the time I'll keep going with the current (and definitely bearable) limitations mentioned above, but I don't exclude trying some braver deed in the coming future!
In the meantime, thanks for updating me.

ChocolateAdventurouz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 02:42:12 PM »
Hello! Sorry for the late reply (long late reply in reality). I removed everything I had done for WACUP skinning, because i don't feel like doing it anymore, and as I had changed monitor some months ago, Big Bento looked awfully and switched to BBM. Although, I will provide you now an attachment for my Big Bento modification, but i won't provide new updates anyway.

Also, you might want to check ModPlace (https://getwacup.com/community/index.php?topic=1578.15), which includes some workarounds that you might find helpful, but again, I don't work on these anymore, so i cannot gurantee if something doesn't work
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 02:46:33 PM by ChocolateAdventurouz »

tortilio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2023, 03:28:32 AM »
Hi, and thanks (regardless of timing!) for both the file and pointing out your stop in the development.

I gave a glance at the ModPlace at the time of my previous posts, thanks, but unfortunately it doesn't achieve what I was looking for: it might still prove useful, anyway (maybe the "Antialias fileinfo/mcv" function might mitigate the unaesthetic effects of the scaling function on the interface, for instance, if made necessary by higher resolution displays?).
Due to my aforementioned, constant use of the Switch to Shade on Titlebar Doubleclick, I think I'll strive to keep using the Big Bento skin as long as I can, with workarounds and sacrificing appearance over functionality (or maybe I should just call it "habit").
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 03:29:45 AM by tortilio »