Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Help | Manual  (Read 2134 times)

Deide

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Help | Manual
« on: February 07, 2020, 08:43:22 PM »
At the moment, the Help menu item links to this forum, which is nice, but I do think it would be nice to have an in-built manual for common questions or advanced features. It could probably be in .chm format - perhaps take a look at AIMP's for example.

One way to accomplish this might be for it to be community-driven. Perhaps make a git repository where people can file issues and submit pull requests.
I do also think it would be helpful to keep a link to this forum prominent on the landing page of the help files.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Help | Manual
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 09:16:07 PM »
The current aim is for a wiki or an equivalent as long as there's nothing dev-specific to use it but I've just not gotten around to sorting out the issues I had when I last attempted to set one up (up to 30sec for a page to load made it unviable). It is however something that needs to be resolved as part of the work to do in 2020.

-dro