Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP in Linux - (Ubuntu)  (Read 3410 times)

ardsur

• View Profile
WACUP in Linux - (Ubuntu)
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:44:40 AM »
as a die-hard WinAmp user in the past, I was happy to see the release of WACUP build #7170 and of course could not resist to try the updated WinAmp.
As I have dumped Windows over the years, and now working in Ubuntu 20.10, I was wondering whether I still could use WACUP. So I downloaded the win installer and with Wine I installed WACUP
Hurray! working. The WACUP installed properly and soon I could select a CD on my harddrive and listening now to the perfect audio, looking also to the beauriful album art. After this will have to explore video, podcasts and streaming.

Congrats for making this working in Linux and I will make some mentioning in Linux/Ubuntu circles fora :)

Mits

• View Profile
Re: WACUP in Linux - (Ubuntu)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 03:28:01 PM »
I had done this some years ago with Winamp portable and it worked fine too in Mint. Did you ever find a linux equivalent for DFX audio enhancer? This is one of the main reasons I stick with Windoze 7. Is the PulseEffects Crystalizer any good? (see for example https://www.maketecheasier.com/improve-linux-pc-audio-with-pulseeffects/

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: WACUP in Linux - (Ubuntu)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 03:18:57 AM »
Happy WACUPing ardsur :)

-dro