Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Winamp Classic Modern by Victhor  (Read 32552 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Re: Winamp Classic Modern by Victhor
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 12:27:20 AM »
Because I used the same promo pics for all my posts, but the skin detects and changes accordingly if it runs under Winamp or WACUP.
got it, thx. I like it, however, my display the buttons lack the '3d' appearance from original winamp.

Axel Slingerland

• Retired Hippie Guitar Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 11:47:12 PM »
Hello victhor,

I'm new and please excuse me for having to ask questions, but as the old saying goes, I just gotta.

I don't have much experience skinning, all I have ever done is edit the images for Major Tom Remix to my own preferences. I downloaded that skin shortly after the original version was released back in 1999. It was my first and over the last 22 years, my only Winamp skin. I've tried many others over the years, but I keep going back to Major Tom.

I came here looking for a way to make the Playlist and Album Art windows double sized, or at least to match the Main and EQ windows, as I have pretty bad vision, and that would make it easier for me to see the title bars, etc. It was explained to me that this is not possible with Winamp Classic skins by dro, and he suggested I check out your Winamp Classic Modern skin.

I like what you have done with it. It demonstrates what you can do with Modern skins. My question for you is how difficult is it to convert an old Winamp classic skin, circa Winamp 2.6 that has been updated to Winamp 5.666 to a Modern skin? Could you possibly provide me with the necessary steps to accomplish this?

I would appreciate that very much, if it is possible to do by editing the images, as I have no programming skills.

Thanks in advance,

Ax
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

Axel Slingerland

• Retired Hippie Guitar Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 03:21:15 AM »
Hmmm... I could have sword I saw a Modify button somewhere. Oh well.

Anyway, you can disregard my request for newbie assistance if you like, WACUP fixed my skin problem. I can see it much better now! However, your Winamp Classic Modern skin is most excellent and gives me inspiration to create some skins some day.
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.