Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Podcasts - Grouping  (Read 5747 times)

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Podcasts - Grouping
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:19:12 PM »
Any chance we can have the ability to add dividing lines in the podcast list, so they can be grouped ?
Perhaps as another option in the Add button
eg. Add divider

Not sure of the most useful single word. "Add group" would indicate you may be able to name them. Obviously that would be useful but I think a simple dividing line would be preferable.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Podcasts - Grouping
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:44:33 PM »
I see an issue... how would it work when it comes to sorting?

The only thing I can otherwise think off initially is that a divider is linked to the podcast feed & placed below the feed text (instead of it being a separate entry).

-dro

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:04:12 AM »
They would still be in alphabetical order.
I am not talking about the panel with the individual feed contents, but the one labelled Podcast on the left.
A simple dividing line, not unlike my example would be very handy

Grouping is a fairly standard feature of feed readers and pod-catchers so you can prioritise them to some degree.
Not unlike my other attached example
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 10:11:11 PM »
That was the list I was also referring to. If anything a generic divider doesn't seem to make much sense & it would really need to be a more complete grouping solution (like the additional option).

However I think it over, just adding a divider in far too easily looses context whether it's adding or removing a feed. As there's not a guarantee I'm going to leave the list just as the podcast name & I'd been considering to add in a bit more information (latest release date & number of feed items had come to mind from my own needs) that allows for other sorting columns, hence a need to maintain some appropriate context of the divider.

So trying to do proper grouping & then sorting within that group would be the better option for when I get around to supporting it.

-dro