Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: History: cPro vs. cPro2  (Read 9174 times)

Jeremy King Tech

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy King Tech on YouTube
History: cPro vs. cPro2
« on: April 03, 2018, 06:56:59 AM »
Hey WACUP fam! I'm wondering if any of you can help answer this for me?

I'm trying to figure out the difference in feature sets between cPro and cPro2 skins!

The skin consortium is offline and seems to be the original home. If anyone in the community could give me a solid education on this or link me to a resource where I can RTFM I'd greatly appreciate it!

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: History: cPro vs. cPro2
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »
This precisely is something I've done some time ago and was planning to put in the e-mail I still owe you XD =/

Check it out: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379996

Jeremy King Tech

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy King Tech on YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »
Thanks for this!

So what is cProXUI? I've only seen cPro and cPro2 skins out in the wild!

Ultimately, what I'm interested in is if there already exists, and if not, then how we can implement more modern features into a new skinning engine for WACUP.

One of my big pet peeves with both classic, modern and cPro skins is that they don't resize on a click & drag lick any other Window does in Win10.

Beyond this, I'm curious if it would ever be possible to load vector based graphics for a skin which would help to minimize the blurring that is available when upscaling a lower resolution image for high res monitors.

These might be small things to some but I think that user interface experience is just as important as the aesthetic design itself (perhaps a topic for another thread?)

Anyways, I look forward to your email! :-)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »
In part I'm replying your e-mail on this thread >>  https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,307.0.html so I can publicly share some resources that I wanted to share a long time ago.

About your questions:
01. what is cProXUI? cProXUI is a method to implement Classic Pro features into any freeform skin, like this: https://victhor.deviantart.com/art/UNITY-2014-Winamp-cProXUI-v1-4-493648325.
02. cPro skins DO resize, they don't SCALE UP OR DOWN, but they do resize, maybe I'm not getting what you mean?
03. How we can implement more modern features into a new skinning engine? Hmm.. tough one.. depending on what you need, I think you would need a new skin engine to implement some stuff. Current engine is limited and old, although a lot can be done. For example, transparency behind Playlist is impossible, overlayed controls over components like Video or Vis can be done but is tricky, etc.
04. Load vector based graphics requires a new engine, basically.