Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Cutting off Songs  (Read 1709 times)

Triveraguy

• View Profile
Cutting off Songs
« on: September 25, 2021, 11:46:04 PM »
This has been an issue I've had recently, but a Google search shows it's been around with others since 2002.  Searched in this community and couldn't find anything.

When playing songs in a playlist, Winamp randomly and abruptly ends songs and advances to the next. Watching the timer, the title flips to the next song, the current song plays for a few more seconds, and then the next song starts.  No rhyme nor reason to the song type, other than the fact that the 6:00 minute seems to be a popular trigger.

I suspect it has something to do with the crossfade, but I've used both the internal crossfade and SQRSoft Crossfade and haven't been able to determine if either of those are the cause. I'm happy to assist in some more in-depth troubleshooting if it turns out to be something that the needs to be fixed in the code. But I'm posting this here in case someone has had this problem and figured out that it's a setting problem that can be fixed.

TIA

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting off Songs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 01:07:18 AM »
Are you saying that this problem also happens with WACUP? If this is only a Winamp issue, you should post your concern in the Winamp forum (http://forums.winamp.com/).

It sounds like it may be a crossfading issue, but if the playback cut off still happens when all crossfading is disabled, then it's not related to crossfading.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:17:30 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 12:02:18 PM »
Are you saying that this problem also happens with WACUP? If this is only a Winamp issue, you should post your concern in the Winamp forum (http://forums.winamp.com/).

It sounds like it may be a crossfading issue, but if the playback cut off still happens when all crossfading is disabled, then it's not related to crossfading.

Are you sure about that?
Remember that not everyone has access to the beta builds and those that don't are using the preview builds.

I'm not sure if the preview builds have dumped most of the older 5.666 provided output plugins, so this would make it a WACUP issue either way.
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 07:01:13 PM »
Hi Eris,

Triveraguy was not clear about what he is using and what version. The only clue was "a Google search shows it's been around with others since 2002". Since WACUP wasn't available then, it seems he may be talking about Winamp. He also talks about using the internal and a 3rd party method of crossfading. I'm curious if he is also using other 3rd party plug-ins.

I'm using a beta build of WACUP. It is easy to see what plug-ins are being used by the beta and preview builds (and Winamp) by looking in the plug-ins section in the app Preferences.

I don't understand why you say "so this would make it a WACUP issue either way", when we don't know for sure what the OP is using. Once we know that, then others can try to replicate and troubleshoot the issue.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is not a WACUP issue. I'm saying we don't know. That is what I'm sure about.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:53:07 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 02:03:42 PM »
I'd really need more information including what WACUP version is being used (the choice of wording makes me think that a WACUP install isn't being used) also including what happens if the crossfading as provided by the output plug-in is completely disabled.

The mention of it happening around the 6min mark is also somewhat odd & could even imply something related to the files being used. I also don't quite follow if this is a hard-cut off or if it's still a related crossfade that's happening but at that time point.

-dro