Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Video Window Position Not Saved (#7236)  (Read 5527 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Video Window Position Not Saved (#7236)
« on: March 13, 2021, 04:04:18 AM »
I have my video window sized to the same as my album art (refer to other threads with attached images of my setup). I have the settings to open@video playback and close@video stop. If I stop and replay, the video window has relocated and parked itself at the bottom of the screen. Same if I exit session and start new session.

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Video Window Position Not Saved (#7236)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 06:25:40 PM »
There's no need to bump & it'll be looked at once I've finished triaging & fixing what I can from the initial few days worth of crash reports before I then look at the non-crashing issues.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 07:46:45 PM »
...  it'll be looked at once I've finished triaging & fixing what I can from the initial few days worth of crash reports before I then look at the non-crashing issues.

-dro
geeez, been using wacup since you put it out there and never a crash. wtf are people doing w/this app ?!?!?!?!?! (you need not reply, just venting)

(oh wait - I did have that single issue a few weeks back and you promptly addressed that with a simple 'delete 2 files' fix [thx again], so, I don't really count that.)

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 08:57:34 PM »
Press F5 in a modern skin one too many times and you'll have the engine throw a hissyfit (don't actually do this, please)
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »
Press F5 in a modern skin one too many times and you'll have the engine throw a hissyfit (don't actually do this, please)
^
shhhhh ... Darren, don't look now but there's one of 'those' people ...  :P

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 10:40:49 PM »
geeez, been using wacup since you put it out there and never a crash. wtf are people doing w/this app ?!?!?!?!?!
It's quite easy depending on what's being done. Modern skins definitely are more likely to experience an issue due to bugs in the plug-in responsible. There's then behaviours that block the main ui thread & trigger the unresponsive handling (some of which has been resolved e.g. drag+drop a massive folder onto the main playlist used to do that).

There's also issues from some of the other 5.666 plug-ins that are still being used like the local media library plug-in (ml_local) which does weird things at times with it's importing or in_mp3 & it's metadata handling & so on. There's then anything I've introduced with writing new code like 7170 would lock-up when adding files from the browse folder & a title update was also requested which never appeared from beta testers but showed up under the preview build once you have more people using things.

Most I don't think ever have an actual crash issue but if I ignore such things then we end up with what was leveraged against Winamp proper for many years of it being buggy / unstable which was completely true until more focus was put on resolving such things around 5.64 - 5.66x when those public builds also included the beta builds crash reporter (something that should have been a priority much soon).

So be happy you're not having issues & be happy that for those who do & for whom I can understand from the crash report what's going on that I take dealing with crash reports as a higher priority to try to give a good experience as no one likes things crashing & sadly there's still more for me to do to improve things which will come as more gets replaced (ignoring the dips when new code comes in at times).

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 09:05:59 PM »