Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Main window - ghost bar  (Read 1654 times)

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Main window - ghost bar
« on: August 16, 2023, 06:31:56 PM »
Using latest release and can't get rid of a "ghost bar" which just appeared under the main window.
see gray bar below between player and playlist
other windows will dock around it like if it was part of the window.

I've tried just about everything to get rid of it, restarting, changing skins and options, opening/closing drawers, etc.
It won't go away....

Using modern-Christmas does work so it's directly related to the standard Winamp modern skin parameters.

Any advice on how to get rid of it or troubleshoot?

Thx.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:34:03 PM by etsaman »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Main window - ghost bar
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 09:25:35 PM »
Go into the WACUP settings folder (found via preferences -> advanced -> diagnostics -> settings locations tab) & move the studio.xnf out of that folder & then try running things again. That'll reset _all_ modern skin related layouts but might fix the issue. If it does, can you then pm me a copy of the removed & the new studio.xnf files so I can at least try to figure out if there's anything within the xml that might be causing the skin engine plug-in to act up like it's doing (even if it's maybe allowing me to implement a helper mode to parse & fix the studio.xnf file without having to wipe it when things go wrong).

-dro

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 10:51:25 PM »
Thank you Darren, it did work  :)

just PM'd you a copy of both files.

The other display issues I have:

1- if I restart WACUP a few times, the queue manager windows is eventually disabled (windows not showing anymore and checkmark in preferences is gone) and all of a sudden Lyrics, Waveform seeker and Big clock windows are all enabled without me changing their state (originally disabled). No clue why this happens.

2- If I change screen resolution, windows positions/sizes can get all scrambled and I have to redo everything once back to my usual resolution. Is there a way to completely "lock" all windows states/position/sizes so it can't be changed automatically no matter what happens (unless user does changes it via preferences)?

Thanks for your support, much appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 11:04:44 PM by etsaman »

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 11:01:26 PM »
here's what the 1st issue mentioned above looks like
queue is usually bottom left and all 3 unwanted windows appear on top of each other, I just moved them slightly.
This is still happening after resetting studio.xnl

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 11:02:20 PM by etsaman »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 10:21:19 AM »
The additionally reported issues are all down to the modern skin engine plug-in though it's not something I'm seeing considering how I abuse my setup (maybe it's a problem related to using minilyrics?). Alas I don't have a proper solution to offer you for those problems other than trying to set the file to be read-only _but_ that is then going to break things if you change certain skin related settings & I'm not 100% certain that the skin engine is even going to adhere to that. So if that's attempted, you need to setup everything correctly, allow it to fully close & then apply the read-only state on the file & then start things again. The other option would be to make a backup of the studio.xnf file once it's good & if things mess-up then just restore that copy back.

-dro

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 02:56:58 PM »
Thanks for the pointers, will do further testing,
Cheers

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 09:40:13 PM »
I've now had a look at the xnf files & have found the line that caused it - specifically the height was being incorrectly stored (the value should've been 25 whereas 38 was in the file) & it seems like a random modern skin engine failure. As I can't see anything in the skin script files nor the xml files that define things which would allow the skin to override it as it's defined in one of the xml files to 25 so a weird skin engine issue seems to be likely.

-dro

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 10:26:23 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.
For now I have put studio.xnf as read only; it seems to lock size and position; it won't lock window enabled/disabled but not a major issue as it is quite simple to toggle if needed. Should be a good fix for now, thanks again.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 01:49:16 AM »
The window visible states aren't typically down to the studio.xnf file & setting winamp.ini (where most of the plug-ins responsible for the windows save into) to read-only would not be a good idea. I've also now added a /FIXWAMODSHADE command-line option that'll check & fix as needed the bad value for any identifiable winamp modern based skins whose config is present in the current studio.xnf file.

-dro