Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Reordering custom playlists in Media Library  (Read 1427 times)

Dimitri001

• View Profile
Reordering custom playlists in Media Library
« on: November 23, 2021, 10:51:13 PM »
This is a minor thing, but in Media Library under Playlists, when you create custom playlists they are placed in the list one after another in the order you created them and there is currently (as best as I can tell) no way to change the order. It would be great if it were possible to reorder them by dragging and dropping them.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Reordering custom playlists in Media Library
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 11:27:25 PM »
I'm able to change the sort order of the playlist view by clicking on the column headings. Drag and drop would probably conflict with this current way of sorting.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Dimitri001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:02:27 PM »
I'm able to change the sort order of the playlist view by clicking on the column headings. Drag and drop would probably conflict with this current way of sorting.

If there would be conflict, personally, I'd prefer the drag and drop option over sorting by heading, but (at least in concept) there needn't necessarily be conflict - drag and drop reordering could be a separate, custom order, that would get changed if you clicked on a heading (same as if you go from sorting by heading 1 to sorting by heading 2).

Now, that's in concept, I don't know how easy or difficult that would be to actually execute in code.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 03:57:57 PM »
It is possible to change the order by clicking on the root view headers but specific re-ordering is something I'd need to look into as currently drag+drop is setup to interact with the existing playlists instead of allowing for moving.

-dro